Awaiting my XC40

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Macjiminy

Post by Macjiminy »

Just to introduce myself. Ordered an XC 40 B3 dark in Vapour grey on 14th August. Hoping for delivery before 20th November.
This to replace my 8 year old V40.
Ordered a skinny spare tyre. Not sure if it will come with tools but hope so.
Excited but trying to forget about it so dont get disappointed if delivery is delayed 🤔
Awaiting new Volvo XC40 B 3 Plus dark in vapour grey. Ordered Riverside Hull 14th August hoping for delivery before mid November. This to replace my 8 year old V40.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Hello and welcome.

I don't think you need to worry too much about delivery times now, much quicker than they used to be and I thought were less than you've indicated.

You should have had an email from Volvo by now which has a link to show progress. Failing that start a Chat via the web-site and they should be able to provide the scheduled build week.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Macjiminy

Post by Macjiminy »

Thanks for that fingers crossed 🤞 As ( long story ) but am without a car at all at the moment. Longest t8me without wheels in over 50 years!
Awaiting new Volvo XC40 B 3 Plus dark in vapour grey. Ordered Riverside Hull 14th August hoping for delivery before mid November. This to replace my 8 year old V40.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I ordered a spare wheel for my new XC40 B3 (delivered last week). It does come with a jack and wheel brace. My dealer left the original boot liner in the rear of the car, together with the compressor and "gunk", as I had paid for them so they were mine to keep - they're now clogging up the garage!
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Alexandrovich

Post by Alexandrovich »

Your tempra space saver should include the tools, mine did. A good alternative to using an inflation kit.
Volvo XC40 T4 MY20 FWD Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blond interior, Winter Pack, Tempra Spare, Privacy Glass, Mudflaps, Dashcam and Reversing Camera. AutoGlym LifeShine.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I have the Space Saver wheel, yes it has the necessary tools included, but also carry a can of Holts Tyre Weld. Nice to have the option and it's cheap.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Macjiminy

Post by Macjiminy »

Thanks for that.
Just confirmed build due 6th November so still 6 or 7 weeks to wait 🙄
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

So looking like the end of November now with shipping, transport to dealer and preparation.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Macjiminy

Post by Macjiminy »

Yes I guess so 😢