Cruise control/speed limiter

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Seagultaf

Post by Seagultaf »

Perhaps if all users of this forum also suggest to Volvo via the app, that this is a safety issue and needs a software update to allow the changes from cruise to speed limit to be made using the steering controls, just like pretty much all other cars, then hopefully they will issue a software update?
XC40 B3 Plus

Exmpa

Post by Exmpa »

I have a Sensus D3 and toggling between (non-adaptive) Cruise Control and Speed Limiter is accomplished by the left/right cursor buttons on the left hand steering wheel spoke. It’s simple, convenient and intuitive. I was loaned an EV when mine was last in for service and found exactly what the OP described, it was only possible to switch between speed control modes via the settings page on the central screen. Who on earth thought that this was a good idea?

When I returned the car I raised the issue with the customer service agent who admitted “It doesn’t seem very sensible, I think they might change it”. I also had a couple of reservations about other features of the vehicle and they all reinforced the old adage “Never buy the A model of anything” It’s best to let other people sort out the snags before spending your own money. It shouldn’t be like the these days, but unfortunately it still is at times.

exmpa