Planning to buy an XC40

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I think being manufactured in Europe will make it more attractive to some buyers if replacement parts are required at any time. Some accident damaged cars get unnecessarily written off because of parts delays and is probably contributing to the increased cost of insurance for EVs.

There's some contradictions in that link. On the one hand they say production is being shared there because of likely global demand and potentiallly it being their best seller and on the other hand they say they don't see it as a mass market car! What tosh, it's not an Aston Martin! Gotta luv the PR guys!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

gedger

Post by gedger »

Search for "Volvo likely to discontinue the ICE XC40" and several articles pop up talking about its demise, in ICE form at least. I would never have believed that Volvo would stop selling estates but here we are with no estates. Volvo has publicly committed to not selling any ICE cars after 2030 so they have 6 years of sales for a revised XC40, I doubt that makes commercial sense for a new model? Plus the XC40 is a timeless design which still appeals so they'd be mad to make too many changes, much better to sweat the existing version by lowering the price and adding extras....
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue