New Car Registration

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

My dealer made me up my private plate foc for me to swap at a later date. At least when I fit them they go on straight! Having said that I've kept the original plate so far.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

RonFleet wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:08 am I, too, received the final finance paperwork a couple of days ago and the car reg on it is a Reading plate - which is where my Volvo dealer is located. Might be a coincidence, though.
That's interesting. Mine's Nottingham which has no connection with my dealer, myself or as far as I can see Volvo!

Sounds as though there might be an agreement between the DVLA and Volvo to spread them around? The area code becomes meaningless though.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

ChrisLF wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:04 am
Sounds as though there might be an agreement between the DVLA and Volvo to spread them around? The area code becomes meaningless though.
This goes back to the now antiquated approach of having regional physical offices for things like the DVLA, Passports, Tax and so forth.

As these agencies (slowly) modernise and do away with these regional offices so the idea of a regional registration suffix becomes more and more meaningless so it will be interesting to see what happens.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Does seem a daft antiquated system we have, still having locally issued registrations - does amuse me how some can become a little snob'ish over where their vehicles are registered....
gripross

Post by gripross »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:14 pm When reading through the finance paperwork I saw a charge from Volvo of I think £40 for dealing with private plates.

Doesn't affect me but I didn't know anything this beforehand and before I saw my registration in the paperwork. If I had a private plate I'm guessing this would need another logbook being issued?

I think Volvo still have a way to go. I expected to be notified that the car had been built before it got to that stage, which I wasn't, at which point I could have been asked if I had a private plate, that should be part of their process.
Hi Chris....so Volvo didn't get keep you updated of the cars progression through the build/delivery process? I'd hate for Volvo to register my car with a plate of their choosing and then me have the hassle of sorting the plate swap myself. It sounds as though Volvo really need to get their act together. I thought the idea of the new agency model was for Volvo to keep things in house and therefore simple and more importantly to remove the middle man and deal directly with the customer. I always think the age old saying of " if it's not broke don't fix it " is something Volvo should be made aware of.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

No. I received a tracking link when my order was originally accepted which told me when production was complete but nothing after that. So I had no information on when it was being shipped or due in this country. The next tracking milestone is Preparing for Handover followed by Order Complete so there is a big hole in information after production completion.

As said, I then received the finance documents for e-signing which contained the car registration. So I'm assuming the car is in the UK but I really don't know! I haven't heard anything from the dealer either.

The dealers are still doing a lot more than was implied by the move to agency and Volvo certainly do need to do more to achieve the seamless and first class customer experience that the move has been sold on the back of.
Last edited by ChrisLF on Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gripross

Post by gripross »

ChrisLF wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:33 pm No. I received a tracking link when my order was originally accepted which told me when production was complete but nothing after that. So I had no information on when it was being shipped or due in this country.

As said, I then received the finance documents for e-signing which contained the car registration. So I'm assuming the car is in the UK but I really don't know!

The dealers are still doing a lot more than was implied by the move to agency and Volvo certainly do need to do more to achieve the seamless and first class customer experience that the move has been sold on the back of.
Sorry i meant to say i have the tracking link which showed order/deposit/and then very quickly showed production complete...and thats what it shows now....but surely Volvo need to realise that it would be useful to track from here onwards rather than the next and only stage left to show is handover.....surely theres more tracking needed between these 2 steps.. like maybe arrived at UK port etc. I'll get in touch with Volvo i think and make them aware that i want car registering with my plate to save me paying an "AMENDMENTS CHARGE" every time i make a change on my insurance as sometimes they charge a ridiculous charged just to make a plate change etc etc
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Was tweaking my post when you replied. Yes, they need to add in more notification stages. Good point about the insurance charges.

I can't access my finance agreement now and couldn't print it as used my tablet to e-sign, so can't see what it said about personal plate charges or what my registration is.

gripross

Post by gripross »

No problem at all.. but sounds like you are not far away from delivery. I'll try to get hold of em and ask the questions that need answering.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

You may have the number already but the Order Team are on 01628 422522. They have been very good and helpful.

Yeah, I'm guessing early October which suits me fine and is a similar time to my original order.