What Next?

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:29 pm Jamie, what engine have you in your Qashqai?
The 158 mild hybrid, which is essentially the same power as my T3 was.

As to the Q3, it's not available with a heated steering wheel, even if you pay £48k for a top spec model. :roll:
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

Stovo

Post by Stovo »

ChrisLF wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:30 pm Audis will be reliable again soon!
But Q3 looks so bland in my opinion, also Audi taking the Mick re costs both purchase and maintenance.

Qashqai am sure is a terrific car, but not for me. Enjoy though.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

When my BCM played up I had a Qashqai for a short while as a Volvo Care replacement... All flim flam, no substance IMHO. Noisy engine, very jerky auto box, only bested for worst modern car I've driven by the MG ZS.

In the good old days when I rode motorcycles a lot, my Motoguzzi Norge went in for its 600 mile service and I had a Honda VFR 800 loan bike with 800 miles on the clock. The VFR was allegedly a great bike, but having changed from Japanese to European, I discovered that the bikes are cost engineered and felt like a collection of capable systems that sort of went along together but independently, whereas the Guzzi came together as a whole better than the sum of the parts. That's what I feel about everyday Japanese cars ...
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I know manufacturers have big costs associated with WLTP (fuel efficiency) and are reluctant to have many variations of cars tested but they seem to be shooting themselves in the foot.

Most of us looking to change have immediately dismissed cars because they don't have something we want or in cases things we don't want to get what we do.

In my case it was electric seats. My wife and I have very different seating positions and an electric memory seat is a must have. With a number of cars you just can't spec them or have them at any trim level. And why are some safety and comfort items only available on top spec but not lower? BLIS in the XC40 for example. Luxury items yes, but not safety and comfort. Volvo especially as regards safety!

Sometimes you just can't see the logic of the manufacturers and importers, usually the latter. AWD being an example.

Fortunately with Volvo I could still get pretty much what I wanted with the Plus spec. If I'd been forced to go Ultimate then I'd be keeping my existing car and then looking elsewhere. I do not want a pano roof! Which is why I came to Volvo in the first place as VWG were "forcing" me to have one for the engine/spec I wanted.

It's so frustrating looking at new cars nowadays!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

jamie307 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:53 am
JFDIT wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:29 pm Jamie, what engine have you in your Qashqai?

As to the Q3, it's not available with a heated steering wheel, even if you pay £48k for a top spec model. :roll:
Funnily enough the Plus comes with one! It's not something I've ever had or would feel the need for so doubt it will get used. I rarely use my heated seat!

Would have appreciated the heated steering wheel on cold frosty mornings I suppose when I was working. I just wore gloves for a bit!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:31 pm
jamie307 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:53 am

Funnily enough the Plus comes with one! It's not something I've ever had or would feel the need for so doubt it will get used. I rarely use my heated seat!

Would have appreciated the heated steering wheel on cold frosty mornings I suppose when I was working. I just wore gloves for a bit!
Is this not the argument right here

Somebody might think a heated steering wheel is essential yet like you I have never felt the need and indeed can't remember ever using the heated seats. Likewise with BLIS. When I had a car on demo, it had it and I didn't see the need to spec it as I would never put my trust in it and would still always do an over the shoulder check. In my view, things like BLIS promote lazy and thus dangerous driving so should not exist.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I'm with you as regards BLIS. It was part of the Plus package for awhile then got dropped. I certainly wouldn't spec it as an extra, even if you could.

It an aid and I suppose a bit of a safety net if say reversing out of a supermarket car-parking space but is no substitute for actually looking. If you can't see you shouldn't reverse out!

I just used it as an example as Volvo consider it a safety item. Therefore it should be across all trims or not at all. What are Volvo saying, you need to spend more on a particular car to be safer?

Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Some more help please. Can someone clarify if you still get loyalty bonus as well as current offers. If so, how much is it £500 or £1000, and do you have to go through the dealer you bought your original XC40 from. Thanks folks.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Hi - it's still available until the end of the month and is £1000. You can get it through any dealer.

You need to go through a dealer as there is no facility when ordering directly off the web-site for it to be included. The dealer will send you a link which will include it or he can do the whole order.

gripross

Post by gripross »

There is a payment called “Gateway” that the dealer can dip into… if a dealer is not to far away from getting your buisiness on a PCP deal they can access the gateway payment from Volvo which is worth up to £500
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21