Weather app not available any more

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Good day all,
I have an XC40 D4 (2019) with the Sensus headunit. I had an OTA update of the Weather app yesterday (6th of Sep) which made the Weather app display an error "Forecast not available" (I was using it frequently and used to work well).
In an attempt to fix the problem, i managed to uninstall it but I am not able to install it again as it does not show in the New apps tab (or in any other tab)
Did anyone face the same problem ? Any idea what could have gone wrong/be fixed ?

Thanks
Chris

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

I had a similar thing when I uninstalled an app and couldn’t see it to re-install. Left it for a day or so and the app reappeared as an install option - worth a try.

The only other thing I can think of, not sure why, but wondering if they’ve removed it ??
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Just driven back from car wash notification came up on sensus new vershion of weather app available go to go download center to load. I did this it updatd and is running as normal
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Thank you all for the feedback. Indeed, the app appeared in the new apps tab after a day!
I installed it but gives the same Forecast error.
I will wait to see if this is something driven by the server.
TedS

Post by TedS »

Slightly different for me, message said "update available, go to download centre to get update" No update shown in update centre. Not tried it today yet. MY21 Inscription B4 Mild Hybrid
MY21 B4 Inscription Auto, Denim Blue.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

I have MY 21 B4, got the weather app update message,did it and working fine for me
bengitoz

Post by bengitoz »

I had one and send to volvo team, but not get answer yet.

Dear Madam/Sir

Please check the link below, that is forum for volvo and one customer had same failure after doing bad update. Do you need help for app software? They are also askimg, do we realy need to go volvo service for failure?

Is there any one there can help to customers?

Please note, this is not a game app? The customers are using dashboard and notifications.

Best Regards

Utku
bengitoz

Post by bengitoz »

Inquiry with VCC International: Case Number 02941684

Dear Madam/Sir

A few days ago the Weather App get an update. After updating the app, I have a problem getting the information. Please see picture 1. (My Volvo has an internet connection, but could not get the forecast info. If I add a place to favourites,Please see picture 2. It gets the info. Please see picture 3. But after changing the app, the weather app checks the info near the car. So I must change the place settings to favourites to get information. Do I act like this every app start ? Please send this problem to the software team to solve this problem. From now on, Please check the software before updating in store. This is a major mistake for the software team.

Best Regards

Utku
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Interesting information Utku, let me try to add as favorite and see if it works.

FYI i still get the Forecast error.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I didn't have such issues with Weather App until the recent update last week. Now I'm not getting the forecast for the favourite place (home) and once I didn't get the data for "Near destination", although the local forecast works. Will try again in a few days.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018