What car are you changing to?

The place to discuss everything else..
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Haven't posted on here for a long time. I've had my T5 for nearly 5 1/2 years so far and have a similar dilemma to others. The recent Volvo offers and a generous trade-in quote have tempted me to take look at the XC40 again. I've reached the conclusion though that buying another XC40 now would be a backwards step. Living out in the wilds of north Northumberland makes me think that AWD is essential I also think that the AAOS navigation implementation is atrocious compared to Sensus. I'm not interested in going electric yet. I might have been tempted by a suitably spec'ed V60 but I've missed the boat there. I have been a bit of a Volvo loyalist over the years but I think they've now lost me as a customer. I also though haven't been tempted by other manufacturers offerings. Think I'm going to have my T5 a lot longer yet, unless anybody here suggests an alternative tht I haven't thought of!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yes, I agree, keep your T5. Although I find Google maps significantly better than Sensus with Here maps.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
goi

Post by goi »

ChrisLF wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:44 am Goi - nice shade of blue but I'm old school and like my cars shiny and something to polish!

Volvos colours are even more limited than they were before.

Is the roof black under the wrap?
Yes the original colour is Onyx Black Metallic.

And cleaning of the wrap is very easy: Water+drying cloth
polishing as well: A spray wax and a microfiber cloth
takes me for both ½ hour.
since 2023: XC40 Pure Electric Twin Motor Ultimate MY24
since 2020: Mirai II Fuel Cell, MY21
2020-2023 XC40 Recharge Inscription (Pro) T5 (132+60 kW), MY21 late
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

goi wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:20 pm
Yes the original colour is Onyx Black Metallic.

And cleaning of the wrap is very easy: Water+drying cloth
polishing as well: A spray wax and a microfiber cloth
takes me for both ½ hour.
So not something you could get the guys at the local hand car wash to do for a tenner on a Sunday morning then?
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Could have left the roof black for the R-Design look!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Hyundai Tucson HEV ultimate spec…
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Looked at the Tucson, but they couldn't install a retractable tow bar, only removable - and the Volvo retractable spoiled me. Having struggled with a removable on a KUga, and being 6 years older it had to be retractable. Strangely, it's available on the Sportage but only in GT-Line...
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Whilst expensive, at least the one you're getting is fully electric. If I remember correctly a sister's Audi Q3 a few years ago had a fully electric retractable one. That for the XC40 is a half-way house and still pretty expensive at £1400 now.

You do have to wonder about manufacturers thinking sometimes. I know someone with a Tucson who caravans. Don't know what the tow bar is. But given that many owners would probably prefer a retractable tow bar, and other Sportage none GT Line owners, so why don't they ensure that a retractable tow bar can be accommodated from the start. Seems short-sighted and could lose them sales. We are not looking at the cheaper end of the car spectrum afterall.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gedger

Post by gedger »

ChrisLF wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:09 pm That for the XC40 is a half-way house and still pretty expensive at £1400 now.
A huge plus for the Volvo though is the low corrosion tow hitch. All the other retractable tow-hitches I have had experience of (VAG/BMW) have been steel which rusted terribly over the winter when tucked up in its housing. Worth the extra just for that in my mind.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
heavyend81

Post by heavyend81 »

I feel you on the XC40. The Superb sounds tempting, especially with a 23% discount. Gonna check out those YouTube vids.