Voice Control System not responding

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Milodog

Post by Milodog »

ChrisLF, I did not need to mention why my vehicle cost me £5000 to repair...as i made clear it had been noticed since the change of the service battery. I'm guessing you would know that a service battery does not cost £5000?
If it seems that i am 'irritated', its likely because the only replies were off topic about something I had not asked for and did not need to reveal as....they were not relevant. If i thought a cat convertor that was changed 6 months ago, but the voice control had been working ever since, was relevant, i would have mentioned it. But instead yourself and 1 other, took over the topic and instead i got zero help.

If you have any ideas about what could cause the problem, relevant to the topic/post, as JFDIT did/has, then would appreciate it. Failing that, please create your own topic to discuss my other repairs, many thanks

JFDIT - I am wondering if the window replacement has caused an issue, but how to convince the window to check FOC ??

Milodog

Post by Milodog »

UPDATE FIXED!!!
Took apart the plastic on the windscreen (I thought this was glued) and found on the left side, what looked like an earthing plug, was loose, presumably not reconnected when the windscreen was changed. Connected this and at first got no joy.
I then reset the whole system, so lost media settings/lighting etc
at first it still look like a fail, but after 3 or 4 attempts its started working again

Anyhow, hope this helps should anyone else have problems