New AAOS Version Released

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I noticed software version 2.11 has just been released and is currently rolling out OTA. Hopefully won't break too much!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Looks like some good updates are happening looking through the various updates. I see that the function someone wanted, being able to switch between pilot assist and cruise control using a steering wheel switch was included in 2.9

Surprised that such a basic function as folding door mirrors when locking the car, again in 2.9 wasn't an option from the start.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
dapaca

Post by dapaca »

Installed today as part of a lengthy diagnostic stay at my local Volvo dealership. YouTube working fine and wireless phone charger turned off. No issues so far.

YT XC40.jpg

MY23 B4 Ultimate Dark in Thunder Grey.
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

ChrisLF wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:50 am Looks like some good updates are happening looking through the various updates. I see that the function someone wanted, being able to switch between pilot assist and cruise control using a steering wheel switch was included in 2.9

Surprised that such a basic function as folding door mirrors when locking the car, again in 2.9 wasn't an option from the start.
My door mirrors have always folded when I lock the car, so not sure what has changed with this update? Perhaps just a choice of whether to fold or not?
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

I really wish they'd build the unlocked notification feature. I really miss that. Twice now I've left my car unlocked overnight, once with the keys in. Truth be known the lack of info (compared to cars with Sensus) via the mobile app is a bit rubbish. I used to regularly check the outside temperature or how much fuel I'd got, and it was useful to check the odo reading when you booked it in for a service - but no more.
T3 R-Design, Fusion Red, Early 21 (hers). Fully loaded.
B4 Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Late 23 (mine).
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I get the cars Location and Outside Temperature underneath the Reg No on the Apps Home Page.

I also have my phone's Google Assistant linked to the Volvo Account. That lets me ask questions such as "How Much Fuel is in My Car" and "Is My Car Locked".
But the rest isn't there Yet.
Lincolnshire England.
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

I can't see outside temperature or Reg No on the app (IOS)?
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:24 am I get the cars Location and Outside Temperature underneath the Reg No on the Apps Home Page.

I also have my phone's Google Assistant linked to the Volvo Account. That lets me ask questions such as "How Much Fuel is in My Car" and "Is My Car Locked".
But the rest isn't there Yet.
Interesting... I use an iPhone 13 Pro Max, so maybe it's the old Apple v Google thing again. I'll fire up my Android phone - should be in the bottom of a drawer somewhere, install the app and see what the difference is. I'll also load the Google assistant on my iPhone and see what that does. I wish I wasn't such a geek... 30 years in IT does that to you.
T3 R-Design, Fusion Red, Early 21 (hers). Fully loaded.
B4 Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Late 23 (mine).
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yep, I did 38 years in IT Development and Deployment in the City.

Must admit I much prefer aaos to Sensus despite it not all being there yet. Sort of interesting to watch it rollout. Clearly I need to get out more too!
Lincolnshire England.