New car order last week but now Volvo doing inclusive service pack

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
gripross

Post by gripross »

Hi all
Have been a XC40 owner since 2019 and have last Saturday placed an order for another new car...XC40 Ultimate B4 in Vapour Grey after being contacted out of the blue by my dealer saying i had popped up on their system due to my current finance and loyalty discounts that are available.
Figures looked pretty ok and so i tried Carwow as my last car was bought that way, At this point i found out that Volvo now control all sales and so wherever you go the ptice is pretty much fixed.
Anyway decided to place a new order at my local Volvo dealer last saturday only to spend a week at work and when i have logged onto volvo site to view my order have discovered that prices have been cut slightly and A service pack that i am to be charged £699 at some point prior to picking up my new car is now included free.
I have just been in touch with my dealer but the sales manager is off at the moment but the guy who took my call said he had taken several calls today regarding the same issue....customers who have recently ordered asking if we will get the service pack added to our order for free.
Any of you out there had this conversation with your dealer and if so any one got an answer?
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I'm in the same position having ordered in July. Will contact Volvo about this. The agency model has only just started and they are already moving the goalposts!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Its not good customer relations that the dealer wasn't aware that this offer was coming online ...the guy i spoke to did say he and the buisiness manager were txting each other last night when they were made aware of the offer coming up and how they were going to deal with the imminent enquiries from people who have placed an order.
It also looks to me as though the price of the vehicle has decreased as it is approx 2,5k less than the figure on my agreement.
Am sure they will come up with an excuse that theres ehis reason and that reason but i am not letting them off the hook easily...i want a sensible reason if the service pack cant be added as it looks as though all orders coming through now have a service pack added and so as we have not yet got our order surely it should carry the pack
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I've looked at the web-site and they are knocking £2600 off as well as the free servicing. I've done a Live Chat and asked if this is in addition to the £2000 loyalty bonus. They didn't know and told me to contact a retailer!!! I said why as you have moved to the agency model and was told it's in transition!

I'm going to look at the figures in detail and speak to the finance/business guy at the dealer so that I can review my situation. Not happy at all!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Thats exactly my thoughts that i am going to get the figures run again.....thats why i was so miffed because as you say its not just the inclusive service pack...the car itself on the ultimate has over a 2.5 k diference...£45520 on my invoice v £42878 online

Bob

Post by Bob »

I was tempted by the offer announcement made this week (my XC40 is now coming up to 5 years old), but it would appear that the only AWD offering is the all electric, and I do not want this option. This is a deal breaker for me, so it looks like I'll be taking my business back to Audi who appear to give me more choice on what I'll get (when speccing a Q3), including whether I want just good old fossil fuel drive or hybrid.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
gripross

Post by gripross »

I did look at the Q3 but needed to add some serious packs to get an equivalent spec...and after talking to a friend who is currentyly trying to negotiate a new deal with Audi ,,,he says their APR rates are pretty steep for a brand new order

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, I looked at Audi etc. and no way am I paying their rates!

Volvos 0% swayed me to changing but that reduction in price makes a significant difference to my monthly payment.

matt_4791

Post by matt_4791 »

I’m in the same boat. Ordered an Ultimate on Wednesday with service pack. Same order today is £3,300 cheaper! Very annoying. I’ve emailed my dealer today to say that I want to cancel and reorder. Will be nice if the loyalty bonus is still available on top of this!
Bob

Post by Bob »

gripross wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:54 pm I did look at the Q3 but needed to add some serious packs to get an equivalent spec...and after talking to a friend who is currentyly trying to negotiate a new deal with Audi ,,,he says their APR rates are pretty steep for a brand new order
I am torn.
I could wait and see if they reintroduce AWD on their Hybrid models, but I'm sure I read somewhere they are phasing these out and all models will soon be entirely Electric. As much as I loved the twin motor they loaned me a just over a year ago, I don't want all electric, no matter what they say about the 1000s of new charging points that are being installed I still believe the infrastructure isn't there to satisfy the push to get everybody in electric vehicles.

I'm tempted to keep my current car for a few more years, it's been very reliable, and its comfortable with a low mileage for it's age, about 17,000. Plus being an FE it has everything on it.

However, I did have a Q3 before and really liked it. Whilst I'm happy with the quality of the XC40, I think the Q3 was better, with regard to finish and comfort.
The APR doesn't bother me, I'll only take out finance if they offer a financial benefit such as a dealer deposit contribution, and only then if I can cancel immediately without losing the deposit contribution. I'll take O% finance though, especially if it comes with a deposit contribution! ;)
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)