Decoding vehicle plate

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
gedger

Post by gedger »

Apologies if this has been discussed before but my searching didn't find anything, but then that's not saying much! Anyway, there's a vehicle plate / identification sticker inside the engine compartment and I was intrigued what the various codes were, is there anyway of decoding? Mines attached with hopefully the important bits masked out. Engine type is obvious, made in Austria was a surprise, I thought XC40 were made in Belgium and the date I presume is the build date?

IMG_2825.jpg

2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

The T4UVA headlight cover is made in Austria, not the whole car. The other numbers appear to be bulb and lighting specs. This is all about lights and not a vehicle ID sticker. It's stuck on a lighting system part isn't it?
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

jamie307 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:24 am The T4UVA headlight cover is made in Austria, not the whole car. The other numbers appear to be bulb and lighting specs. This is all about lights and not a vehicle ID sticker. It's stuck on a lighting system part isn't it?
Agreed - this is the part label for the headlamp assembly only
T3 R-Design, Fusion Red, Early 21 (hers). Fully loaded.
B4 Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Late 23 (mine).
gedger

Post by gedger »

My mistake, I thought it was stuck on the plastic engine shroud but looking again it is actually on the light shroud, thanks for putting me right
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I dont know about the XC40 but with other cars I've owned there was a label in the boot and the service book which provided details of the car with codes from which you could decipher the specification and options included.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.