Adblue level error?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
cucuci

Post by cucuci »

At my 2020 model, it seems that adblue level is might be stuck to full. I check adblue level (and oil too) but on screen both appear to be full. After check I refilled adblue tank with a little over 3 liters of adblue. I am not sure that oil level is indicated properly (because it is at max also). Any ideas/advices about that? Thank you.

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

I seem to remember mine dropped the Adblue level down in stages, rather than a continuous reduction (like the fuel gauge)
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

As regards the oil level they do fill them to the max and in the words of the salesman when I asked him he said "it's so you don't need to top up between services".

I've read on here though if the oil is overfilled then you are informed in the display.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Bring back the dipstick. No possibility of errors.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I agree but we've had that argument/discussion! :D
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Timmos

Post by Timmos »

I believe there was a software update that reduces the max fill level on the oil as to stop the engine basically running on oil and blowing itself up. not sure about the adblue though.
cucuci

Post by cucuci »

Update: I went to Volvo, without any luck. They tried to reset the adblue sensor but nothing changed.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

What's their next step? Even if the reading does drop down in stages 3 litres was a lot and I would have thought the reading would have dropped?

When I had my Yeti if the Adblue dropped below a certain level then the car wouldn't start and you don't want that! As the level got lower it would tell you how many miles you had left. What does the manual say about Adblue warnings?

Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

When I had my VW, when the range dropped to 1500mls, you would get a message come up, but there was no physical. gauge displayed.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Details on page 432/433 of the manual and what warnings you’ll get as they level gets lower.

IMG_1399.png

Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras