Taken delivery of an Inscription T5 today 👍

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Desaltomac

Post by Desaltomac »

Been a six week journey of sorting through model specs and engine configurations but hit the home run last week and have been lucky it seems to have found one these now discontinued models.

Denim blue, pan roof , loaded with packs …. First car and first Volvo for that matter I’ve ever bought without actually seeing the vehicle. Driven around today after delivery and only realised tonight the thing isn’t taxed… why don’t the bloody dealers or insurers make it explicit…

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Desaltomac wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:15 pm Been a six week journey of sorting through model specs and engine configurations but hit the home run last week and have been lucky it seems to have found one these now discontinued models.

Denim blue, pan roof , loaded with packs …. First car and first Volvo for that matter I’ve ever bought without actually seeing the vehicle. Driven around today after delivery and only realised tonight the thing isn’t taxed… why don’t the bloody dealers or insurers make it explicit…
It’s not the insurers job to tell you if your car is taxed and it may have been an idea if you’d asked the dealer if tax was included!
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Desaltomac

Post by Desaltomac »

Christ I wouldn't you anywhere near my customer service team ... get on with making the tea
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

If this was a new car, then the dealer is deffo at fault, if used, they still have a responsibility!

A new car used to come to the dealer with a V something form (I suspect it's done online now) that THEY used to register (i.e the reg number) AND tax the car. I'm pretty certain they have to pay for the Road Tax to register the vehicle! You would have nothing that would let you tax the car (with a used car you get the slip from the V5
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

This should be down to the dealer, brand new or used. You won't have the paperwork to tax it until you receive the V5. How have you realised it's not taxed? Maybe the dealer has done this but it's not gone through the system yet.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

As it's an Inscription I'm guessing second-hand? Was it from a Volvo dealer?

But whatever dealer, they know you will be driving it away so have some responsibility even if only from a customer service viewpoint.

Anyway, enjoy your new car, you shouldn't be disappointed.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Desaltomac

Post by Desaltomac »

Thanks for your comments. I haven't bought a car for a while and this was delivered to home so no handover in the showroom, just occurred to me last night after a nice jaunt through Surrey yesterday that it wasn't taxed..... I took out Volvo insurance on the back of their 7 day cover, good value compared to online aggregators, has anyone else insured with Volvo?- one would have thought the VED and insurance would have been linked, given that the insurance is invalidated if not taxed.. and I took out Gap ins on it... anyway was a fugitive for a few hours yesterday..... called the showroom this am and got the codes for the online DVLA so sorted

Cracking vehicle and great step up from a Golf
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Desaltomac wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:08 pm Thanks for your comments. I haven't bought a car for a while and this was delivered to home so no handover in the showroom, just occurred to me last night after a nice jaunt through Surrey yesterday that it wasn't taxed..... I took out Volvo insurance on the back of their 7 day cover, good value compared to online aggregators, has anyone else insured with Volvo?- one would have thought the VED and insurance would have been linked, given that the insurance is invalidated if not taxed.. and I took out Gap ins on it... anyway was a fugitive for a few hours yesterday..... called the showroom this am and got the codes for the online DVLA so sorted

Cracking vehicle and great step up from a Golf
That's an atrocious story... One for Trading Standards IMHO!
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

When I got my car the dealer did everything at handover including me taxing the car. I was told it was part of their customer care so the buyer knew it was taxed as they drove away. The first time I’ve had this but didn’t mind at all. Guess it’s down to personal preference. I can understand the frustration though could have been costly.
2020 B5 Inscription Pro. AWD. Auto. Denim Blue. Amber interior. Intellisafe Surround. Winter Plus.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

You'd think the dealer would have gone through a tick sheet before delivery including VED? Different with a private purchase as you would definitely have to deal with the VED yourself.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.