Top Mount for front struts

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
XC40SE

Post by XC40SE »

I had mine serviced in October. I mentioned the creaking and that it might be the top struts. They said they were very worn and needed replacing but as the new part was due out before the end of the year they'd wait and do it then. I called the dealership having not heard back and apparently the new part has been pushed back till May which doesn't inspire any confidence. They told me to speak to Volvo and perhaps they'd agree to change them now and again when the new part came out. I'm still waiting to hear back from Volvo. The creaking has actually been ok since, perhaps they oiled them and it has helped things but concerned about the possible implications of driving round with knackered front struts for 6+ months?

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

They seem to be spending a long time implementing the new parts.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
pagesXC40

Post by pagesXC40 »

Leeds volvo dealer said today that they have not received any bulletins from volvo about the availability of the re-designed part yet.
DaveG99

Post by DaveG99 »

I have the same issue with my 69 plate T4. I have been told that the modified part will be in the country from 16th March but this is the fourth date given so far. Faint noise noticed at 19000 miles but dealer couldn’t hear it, this was 3 weeks before warranty ran out. A busy life meant that I didn’t go back to the dealer until next service 12 month later (30,000 miles) at which point the noise was very very obvious and the car was wobbling at over 55mph!! I did raise a complaint with Volvo UK but they simply referred me to the 3 year warranty (now out)
In my opinion, if Volvo have made a modified part to rectify this problem, then they are very aware that there a numerous XC40’s with the problem and regardless of age they should replace them! Oh yes, forgot to say that one side was replaced
whilst in warranty before I reported the knocking noise afterwards.
I have booked the vehicle in for the work and await a call when the parts are in. I’ve been quoted £325 fitted per side if Volvo don’t contribute!
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

What about new cars, do they have the modified part or have they got the original? If original, I would be peed off buying new, with sub standard part, and why are Volvo producing cars with such.
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

Mine has been in to Listers this morning and they have agreed that it has the same issue. As expected the part isn't available yet, they were told by Volvo that it will be later this year before it is.
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.