Just picked my car up from the detailers. Really pleased with the outcome😎😎😎

IMG_6471.jpeg

IMG_6466.jpeg

Ordered Volvo XC40 B4 Mild Hybrid Ultimate Dark
Silver Dawn 20” 5 Double Spoke Alloys
Delivered July 2023

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

That does look good, which I'm also pleased about as I've just ordered a Plus in the same colour!

Was thinking about the Fjord Blue but when I saw it in the flesh I wasn't convinced. Haven't had a silver car for years and think that it contrasts nicely with the black trim which I'm so glad Volvo didn't drop with the changes.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JB XC40

Post by JB XC40 »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:18 pm That does look good, which I'm also pleased about as I've just ordered a Plus in the same colour!

Was thinking about the Fjord Blue but when I saw it in the flesh I wasn't convinced. Haven't had a silver car for years and think that it contrasts nicely with the black trim which I'm so glad Volvo didn't drop with the changes.
Initially I was thinking Onyx Black which would have looked stunning ceramic coated but I was put off slightly that almost every XC40 I see is Black. When they dropped the black contrast roof, Silver Dawn was an easy choice as personally I’m not a fan of the contrast roof on the XC40. I had it on my Mini though and loved it 🤷‍♂️
Ordered Volvo XC40 B4 Mild Hybrid Ultimate Dark
Silver Dawn 20” 5 Double Spoke Alloys
Delivered July 2023
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

We all have our personal preferences don't we. Never been a fan of black, though I came close with a metallic black Audi 80 Sport which looked more like a very dark grey. With the R-Design what works I think depends on the body colour to a large extent. Not as many silver cars around as there used to be. Last one I had was the first of my three Passat estates which was donkeys years ago so due another one, mainly blues and greys since apart from my orange TT! Wife's had a few Minis with black roofs and as you say look good.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.