New Tyres

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
StevO

Post by StevO »

I got some new black tyres for the car (that's all they had in stock and didn't fancy waiting for other options)

IMG_20230613_183928570.jpg

StevO 8-)

[Prac] R-Design D3 FWD Manual in Bursting Blue
| Convenience, Winter Plus, Xenium Packs | BLIS |
| Intellisafe Plus | Keyless Start | Phone Integration |

[Fun] Mk7 Golf GTI PP in Tornado Red

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I'd be interested to know how they perform in relation to your previous ones.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Same would be interested how they are, perticularly when it gets to winter, they are supposed to be pretty good.
MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

How can you tell which tyre they are, all I can see is michelin and the size...
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
The tyres are Michelin cross climate, I had them on my last car never had a chance to try them in snow and ice etc but they did disperse water very well and were a nice ride. My current car is back to Michelin primacy 4 and they seem to be a noticeably harder tyre.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Felindre wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:35 pm How can you tell which tyre they are, all I can see is michelin and the size...
The tread pattern is the only give away. That's a very common pattern used for all season tyres which gives improved winter ability.

I tend to use all season tyres these days..but then it's grim up north
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Felindre wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:35 pm How can you tell which tyre they are, all I can see is michelin and the size...
Just zoom into the picture and you’ll see at the bottom it’s written CrossClimate 2.

IMG_0991.jpg

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Ah, didn't zoom that far. I put them on my last Tiguan, never really used them in adverse weather. They were noisier though than the good year that was on the car. My XC's also got the primacy 4. Seem OK to me.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

My personal choice of tires is safety over convenience and savings. Multiple tests over the years have proven with objective data that Primacy 4 is a better and safer tire than CrossClimate in temperatures above 5C. But with mandatory 3MSF/winter tire rules in my geographical area I’m using CrossClimate from December till February and Primacy 4 from March till November.

If searching for new summer tires, Primacy 4 is no longer produced by Michelin and the new Primacy 4 Plus is not performing as well as its predecessor. Looking at the latest test data, the best performing summer tire in 2023 available in XC40 sizes seems to be the new Continental PremiumContact 7.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

My Pirelli PZ4 seem OK so far. Very very quiet and comfortable, handling seems competent, but can Scrabble a little on quick acceleration from standstill. Miss the AWD then!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.