Check cable notification when charging.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Hi all I wonder if this is just the app being a bit daft or an actual issue.

I have only charged it a couple of times so far but I have had this notification on my phone from the volvo app shown below.

Does anyone else get this with their PHEV when charging?

This is a newly installed plug socket and a new charging lead from Volvo.

In the end the car is always fully charged but wonger if this is heading for something silly.

Thankfully I have 2 years warranty on it but will be a pain if it needs to go back for this.

Screenshot_20230313_135611_Facebook.jpg

MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.

lovelyvolvo

Post by lovelyvolvo »

Looking at the alert message, is it possible that your car is unlocked? As far as I know the cable is released when the car is unlocked and the charge stops.

Hope this helps.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

I think the app must be having a bit of a fit as the car was definitely locked when it happened. I will monitor it for a bit, if it keeps returning then a trip to Volvo will be on the cards.
MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

AndyN wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:04 pm I think the app must be having a bit of a fit as the car was definitely locked when it happened. I will monitor it for a bit, if it keeps returning then a trip to Volvo will be on the cards.
The app, at times, isn't the best - if the app is saying this, but the car is still charged when you gp to it, then just the app having a fit...
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

The app apparently has enough bugs to require one update after another, Volvo released today version 5.24.3.