2nd times the charm

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

OK after a few operating issues (the wife hated parking it) ๐Ÿ˜.

She came to me last Saturday and said what about this one and proceeded to show me a Bursting Blue R Design Pro. I had said if she really hated it then I would take the hit on trade in and swap it, but if we did then I'm going for a full fat T5 Recharge with all the trimmings.

This car was such a beast, slightly higher than average mileage and a slight ding in the front wheel that they have fixed.

We went and test drove it, she parked it a bunch of times and proclaimed the 360 cam bloody marvellous.

I did about 50 miles playing with stuff ( pilot assist) and thought that will do. They gave us a good trade in on our last one only lost 2.5k (sucks but happy wife happy life and all that) we buy any cars offer was 6k short๐Ÿ˜ฑ.

Anyhow deal done 2 years warranty and service. Collected it yesterday.

The only very slight thing is I personally prefer the red but its pretty much her car and she really liked the bursting blue.

Once the weather is better and I can properly clean clay bar and wax it, it will look great.

I have to say it is incredible to drive, the 7 speed dct is so much better than the 8 speed TC box for me.
Very smooth and being the ev when parking it will creap very slowly, much more controlled than the TC box that was always fighting the brakes when creeping forward.

Then we come to what happens when you put your foot down๐Ÿ˜ very nice indeed.

This is without a doubt the nicest car I have owned.

Just for fun we took a drive out towards Cirencester from the Banbury area. In total did 80 miles we had 13 ev range showing when we left, programmed the satnav and ser off. Left in the default hybrid mode and just drove.

Averaged 56.2 mpg, sure that's got some EV but still that's not bad at all.

The battery said no range on the way back so 40 miles but still great mpg.

I am one happy man (sure I would prefer it red but meh)

Was a stupid amount of money for a nearly 3 year old car but I don't care.

Will post more pics when I get to properly clean it.

Screenshot_20230305_134854_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20230305_134918_Auto Trader.jpg

MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Spitting image of mine that i've recently sold - the blue really is a lovely colour and responds well to a good wax

Mudflaps make a world of difference and IMO look the part too

Enjoy
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Yep the mudflaps are a great addition.

I quite looking forward to giving it a real good cleaning.

The 20 inch wheels with pretty huge tyres definitely have a harsher ride than the T3 on 18s before but I don't mind it at all.

Got the charging solution sorted yesterday so good to go.

20230312_152433.jpg

MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Keep an eye on the sunroof - if it's been raining a lot and you go down the motorway and you can hear a gurgling / popping noise, the drain tubes require extending - which will be covered under warranty.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Gurgling popping noise From what area. Up at the front of the sunroof?

I haven't really looked up there but when I open the sunroof the wind deflector is pretty wet, I meant to have a look today but forgot, I'm away in hotels for most of the week so will check when I get back.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Just noticed the Vin number is starting YV so I think it was manufactured in Sweden.

Not that it makes any difference.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

AndyN wrote: โ†‘Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:22 pm Gurgling popping noise From what area. Up at the front of the sunroof?

I haven't really looked up there but when I open the sunroof the wind deflector is pretty wet, I meant to have a look today but forgot, I'm away in hotels for most of the week so will check when I get back.
Can be from ear level drivers side or mid point on the passenger side of the sunroof
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I'd always fancied a metallic red car and initially ordered the Fusion Red which looks great. But decided that parked next to my metallic orange TT there would be too much of a clash and so changed the order to Bursting Blue!

I still like the red but I think my preference is now for the blue. Must give mine a good polish once the weather gets more amenable.

I bet you're glad now that your wife didn't like parking the other one!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

ChrisLF wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:36 am I'd always fancied a metallic red car and initially ordered the Fusion Red which looks great. But decided that parked next to my metallic orange TT there would be too much of a clash and so changed the order to Bursting Blue!

I still like the red but I think my preference is now for the blue. Must give mine a good polish once the weather gets more amenable.

I bet you're glad now that your wife didn't like parking the other one!
The blue is growing on me.

You are not wrong, about being glad.

Sure my savings have taken a hit but it is Very nice to drive. I would have been happy with the T3 but not now I have driven this.

So much power and so refined to drive, the transition from ev to ice is so smooth you don't feel it at all.

Road noise from the tyres and the roof are louder but that is a small price to pat far a much better car.

We will see today if my wife can get all her normal Monday miles done on ev.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

I was similar, when I was ordering mine I was going to order the red, but thought it was similar to the red Mazda do, but was wrong and was disappointed with the colour, hence ordered the blue, which I really liked and no regrets at all ๐Ÿ‘