Front Parking Sensors

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
feeb

Post by feeb »

My 2020 D3 doesn't have front parking sensors.
Does anyone know if these can be retro fitted?

Thanks

Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Hi,

I recently bought an XC40 (am new here!), and it didn’t have front sensors fitted, it only had the rear sensors. I spoke with Volvo and had the rear camera retrofitted, but they told me that it’s not possible to have the front sensors retrofitted.

Thanks
feeb

Post by feeb »

Thanks for that.
GLAXC40

Post by GLAXC40 »

Shooter wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:17 pm Hi,

I recently bought an XC40 (am new here!), and it didn’t have front sensors fitted, it only had the rear sensors. I spoke with Volvo and had the rear camera retrofitted, but they told me that it’s not possible to have the front sensors retrofitted.

Thanks
Can I ask how much it cost for the rear parking camera as I'm looking to get that retrofitted too.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

From memory it was £695. I think dealers sometimes do deals on the price, but there weren’t any discounts available when I did it.

More details are here:

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/Acce ... sory/30143

That link also shows the installation instructions - routing the wires through looks painful.

I’m also taking the car back in on Monday as they didn’t reattach the external boot opening button panel properly and it’s a bit loose and rattles around. An easy fix, but annoying that it wasn’t done correctly in the first place. If you have it done make sure you check that before you leave!
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Sorry - made a mistake in the post above. That link shows the price.

This link shows the installation instructions:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-bh ... 15883/2021

Seems to say the retrofit isn’t available for pure electric vehicles (in case that’s relevant to you). Mine was the B5 so it was possible to have it done.
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

Shooter wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:17 pm Hi,

Thanks
Hi

Recently (March) took delivery of an XC40. Android interface.
No rear camera fitted.
Is yours Android or Sensus?
I've been told the camera can't be retro-fitted to an Adroid based version.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Mine was the sensus.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

According to the dealer I last used in May, the rear camera cannot be retrofitted to vehicles with the Android system.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Indyindy

Post by Indyindy »

How can I tell if my xc40 is sensus or android?