XC 40 B5 AWD Plus stop safely power steering failure

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

@Krystof - the sideways comment had nout to do with "premium cost", it was to do with the overall packages you get from both, therefor if you wish to put cost in the mix, that would make it a backward move rather than a sideways move - and the reasoning for this is, Mazda offer a great package for far less!!

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Krystof wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:00 pm
John wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:39 am against a Mazda CX-5, at best its a sideways move
If people were prepared to pay XC40 money for a CX-5, then it would be a sideways move. But people won't pay that price premium for a Mazda. Nothing against Mazda, good luck to them, but at the moment they can only dream of price parity with Volvo, and they're competing against different brands. I'm not sure they really even want to break into the premium end of the market - they've got a nice little niche carved out for themselves already.
I won't be spending XC40 money on another XC40 as in my opinion the price has gone up beyond what I think the car is worth and it doesn't feel premium enough for what it costs now!

Funnily enough my son has just picked up a new Mazda 2, which is a nice little car, and whilst at the dealer had a look at the CX-5 and the quality seemed very good. Sitting in it it felt very nice and in some ways more premium than the XC40! I shall certainly be giving one some consideration.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

Mazda are great cars, and the CX-5 will do everything the XC40 does and more, and whats even more, they are one of the most reliable manufactures around. You are spot on with you comment regarding XC40 costs - it was always to be shortlisted when top specs were had for £35k - at £50k - well overpriced and much better to be had at that price.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Got my B4 Ultimate MY24 with premium paint, 20" wheels and spare wheel on order for £41k through Carwow. It has pixel headlights 360 camera and most of the bits missing from the Covid cars. Shame it doesn't have AWD.
There are deals out there but you have to look.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

That's a good reduction as when I last looked at Carwow there weren't many good deals around due to the difficulty with sourcing cars due to the chip shortage etc. I shall price one up when I pay my current one off in about 7 months time but I don't really want a hybrid and I think when specced up to around my existing car it will still be more than I want to spend?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yes, clearly some deals out there at the moment. Negotiated between two dealer offers so price reduced even further from best offer on Carwow.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

When I bought my previous car, Skoda Superb L&K with about £3k of extras, I got a 27% discount from a local dealer through Car Wow. I bet those sorts of discounts are long gone…
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Bloomin' heck, that was some discount!