Sensus navigation

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Viv Gale

Post by Viv Gale »

Just bought my first Volvo but the Sensus sat nav has me and the main dealer baffled. How do you navigate using lat and long coordinates? And then save up a named library for future holidays?

Moss

Post by Moss »

Here’s the link : https://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/20w ... P33354.pdf

* Navigate using coordinates, please see page 15
* Library, please see page 17
Viv Gale

Post by Viv Gale »

Thanks Moss but it doesn’t work. I want to enter lats and longs. Store them with a name in library and then access them when I need. I go to Spain each year and with Ford sat nav I can enter all my caravan site details, store them and then use them when I’m in Spain. Sensus won’t do this- will it?
I’ve either got to change the car or buy a separate sat nav.
Moss

Post by Moss »

It should work.
How to enter coordinates : page 15. You have to do it exactly as described.
How to edit saved positions in the library (i.e. change the name of the position) : page 17.

Please also see the first « note » on page 13 : addresses (or coordinates etc.) can only be searched for the country or state that the navigation system is preset for. To search for addresses in another country or state you first need to change the search area.

Are you sure you have the right map (including Spain) installed ?

Your Volvo dealer should be able to explain all of this, but I don’t know what you mean by « all my caravan site details » you enter in the Ford system. And by the way, I don’t understand why one would complicate things by entering camp site destinations as coordinates : surely, unless you go totally off road with your caravan in Spain, all the caravan camp sites can be entered and stored as normal addresses.

Anyhow, please do not expect Sensus to work the Ford way. It works the no doubt very different Volvo way.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Viv Gale wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:21 pm I’ve either got to change the car or buy a separate sat nav.
Just use a free navigation app on your phone (Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps, TomTom Go). If your car has smartphone integration (Android Auto / Apple CarPlay) the phone navigation app can be viewed on the centre display.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Or find it on your phone and send it to the car via the app…
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Deleted
Last edited by JFDIT on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Or find it on your phone and send it to the car via the app…
That’s what I do when planning a road trip. I also have a copy of the app on my iPad which provides a larger map. It’s so much easier than entering locations whilst sat in the car (and more comfortable). I find this method particularly useful when visiting a place for the first time because you can pinpoint a car park as your destination rather than just a POI, or postcode.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Does anyone else find that when sending to the car via the app, you can only send one destination at a time - anything you send overwrites the previously sent one, so that when you get in the car, only the most recently sent one shows up?
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I go to Spain each year and with Ford sat nav I can enter all my caravan site details
Viv, In an effort to try to replicate your problem, I just randomly picked a Spanish campsite in Google. Then entered the name of the site as the destination in the Sensus navigation and it found it instantly. Unless you don’t know the name and/or addresses of the campsites you’re visiting, I don’t understand your problem.

Saying you may have to change your car because the sat nav interface is different to your last car seems a little drastic to me. My daughter doesn’t use the sat nav in her Toyota because she prefers to use Google Maps on her phone. Maybe you could try that before changing your car.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.