SOS eCall Service Required, MY23 Mild Hybrid

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

I had been having this pop up intermittently, but up till recently it had reset after driving.

Now it appears to be a permanent warning. Does not seem to affect anything else at the moment.

Have read on some forums that this might be a TCAM issue, and could eventually affect unlocking and driving of the car??

Would be interested if others are having this issue, and how they get on with resolving.
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS

poleposition

Post by poleposition »

Thought I would ask about this again. Anyone else had SOS eCall Service Required pop up?

Since my last message above, the permanent message I had went away for a long time, but has recently appeared again.

I asked my dealer if this was a known issue, but at the time they said not, and they would need to have the car into the workshop to investigate.

I decided to have them look at the issue when the car is in for its first service in a couple of months, but interested if others have seen this?
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

Sorry - that’s a new on one me. Sounds like a one off and worth getting the dealer to look at under warranty.
T3 R-Design, Fusion Red, Early 21 (hers). Fully loaded.
B4 Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Late 23 (mine).
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Never had that - 2 things I would do, first take a picture / video of it (so you can actually show the garage) and secondly, get it in to be looked at - if it’s coming on and staying on longer, id be getting it looked at
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

Thanks both, yes agree it is going to need the dealer to look for fault codes etc.