What don't you like about your XC40?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What don't you like about your XC40?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:22 pm

1. Next to nigh useless reversing lights when in complete darkness.
59%
2. Bonnet release on the nearside.......
11%
3. Uncovered components underneath the driver's seat. Just try retrieving something that has rolled down the side of the components.
30%

Total votes: 27

EmJay

Post by EmJay »

Just to get the ball rolling.......

1. Next to nigh useless reversing lights when in complete darkness.

2. Bonnet release on the nearside.......

3. Uncovered components underneath the driver's seat. Just try retrieving something that has rolled down the side of the components.
Last edited by EmJay on Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 Momentum B4P (MY2021) Denim Blue, FWD, Automatic

Krystof

Post by Krystof »

Perhaps only that there's no hard button to switch the lane keep assist system on and off. Generally I find the Volvo system less intrusive than it was in my previous car (a Honda), but it's mildly irritating not to be able to switch it off temporarily when I know I'm going to be crossing some lines - for example, if the motorway goes into a contraflow and the normal lane markings are still visible. It'd be nice to have a button on the steering wheel to do that. Otherwise nothing that particularly annoys me, it's all pretty good.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Krystof wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:47 pm Perhaps only that there's no hard button to switch the lane keep assist system on and off. Generally I find the Volvo system less intrusive than it was in my previous car (a Honda), but it's mildly irritating not to be able to switch it off temporarily when I know I'm going to be crossing some lines - for example, if the motorway goes into a contraflow and the normal lane markings are still visible. It'd be nice to have a button on the steering wheel to do that. Otherwise nothing that particularly annoys me, it's all pretty good.
Does indicating override it?
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Completely agree re the reversing lights. Hopeless.
On ours the bonnet release is on the right (drivers side)
I would like to be able to set the speed limiter and use cruise control. Does not seem to be possible unless I am being particularly thick.
Otherwise very happy with it.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I can live with aircon functions in the touchscreen because I just have it on auto. However not having a physical button for re-circulation is very bad. Approaching smoke etc you want to turn it on straight away, and if you forget to turn it off and the windows are rapidly steaming up you don't want to hunt in sub-menus on the touchscreen, especially if you need to be steering at the time.

Lack of a headlight on indication is also ridiculous. For this reason I don't have the lights on auto mode, because I'd have no idea if the computer has decided to turn them on or not, for example today in the mist.

Also lack of voice commands or buttons for the camera views. If I'm parking, reversing etc, I don't want to keep stopping and jabbing around in sub menus to swap the camera view.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

There is a voice control to initiate recirculation: "Recirculation On" (or Off). I confess I haven't tried it but it's there in the manual.
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

Mikeg1 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:11 pm
Does indicating override it?
Yes, it does, so it's not normally a problem if I'm changing lanes - that would only become a problem if I was driving a BMW :lol: It's just in a few types of situations that it irritates me, such as when a motorway goes into a contraflow for road works and there are temporary lines painted on the road, which cross over the normal permanent lines that are still visible. I don't really want to indicate in that kind of situation, because it could confuse other drivers. It's a very first-world problem, I'll admit...
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

If your reversing you only need one press on the camera you want,and one press back to 360 view,does yours not work like that ?
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

'soft' aircon control. I thought prior to buying the car it was a 'nifty feature'. give me physical switches any day.

Re lane following, the button is there with one swipe left of the screen, and easier to find/use that the recirculating button!
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Sometimes, like 20mins ago, the car hesitates when accelerating quickly onto a roundabout. It can be rather disconcerting....
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.