Paint crack issue

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
WORZEL

Post by WORZEL »

Hi All,
We are currently looking at a 19 plate XC40, but we have been told there is a paint issue/crack above one of the doors (see pics). Apparently it was caused during hail storm, which I'm struggling to believe. They are going to sort it but I wanted to know if they suffer issues with paint etc before committing to buy?
Cheers.

paint2.jpg

paint1.jpg

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

It does look like a localised small impact and not a paint issue, and a decent size hail stone is plausible, however you would think there would then be more strikes on the car if it were caused by a hailstorm?? - either way it will be easily sorted and should not represent a deal breaker - just make sure its repaired to your full satisfaction
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

I’m wondering if that’s either the original owner caught it with roof rail or something or if the dealership has done it, putting a sign on top of the car ??
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

My guess is a previous owner overloaded a roof rack causing the roof below the rail to flex under the load, maybe when going over a bump.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

@Greggspies - :lol: :lol: :lol:
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Hail can certainly cause damage - here in France we had a major storm back in June that took peoples roofs and wrote off cars from the hail - in some cases the size of golf balls. Our cars both suffered damage, the OH's Citroen had over 300 dents that were removed by PDR (Paintless damage repair). My XC40 is still waiting for its appointment to be repaired - new bonnet (cheaper than pulling all the dents on it) and one side of PDR - 5,400EUR, thankfully being paid by insurance.
That single impact does not look like hail damage.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA