VOLVO XC40 B4 MHEV - NO WAY TO DISABLE START/STOP

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Valkyre

Post by Valkyre »

Hello folks,

I got my XC40 B4 MHEV on January 2022. After all these months I decided I want to try and disable the Start/Stop function because on my daily commute I go around a lot of traffic and the start stop is getting too much for my taste all the time...

To my surprise I found out that it isnt possible to disable it. There is no toggle in Functions Menu whatsoever.

Then I looked at forums and read about going to Dynamic Mode that start/stop is disabled by default. It isnt on my car. It is always happening.

Then I read about Individual mode and that this mode allows you to remove the Start/Stop function if you choose so. And yet on my car when I go to individual mode there is no setting for Start/Stop at all...

I am honestly baffled... is there truly no way to disable this function on a 2022 somewhat premium SUV? Am I doing something wrong?

I will appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Perhaps there’s an issue with your car’s system software. Owner’s Manual for your model states it is possible to deactivate start/stop in Individual Drive Mode: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ma ... rive-modes
Valkyre

Post by Valkyre »

eugen61 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:47 am Perhaps there’s an issue with your car’s system software. Owner’s Manual for your model states it is possible to deactivate start/stop in Individual Drive Mode: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ma ... rive-modes
Thanks for the reply. Can someone that has a similar model/year as mine confirm that in their individual mode it lets them disable the start/stop function?
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Don't think you can disable the stop start completely but you can disable it at the start of a journey - just swipe left and touch the stop start icon?
Valkyre

Post by Valkyre »

Oldie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:40 am Don't think you can disable the stop start completely but you can disable it at the start of a journey - just swipe left and touch the stop start icon?
There is no such option. Anywhere. I know when this option is available that you have to disable it everytime you start the car. The point is my car doesnt have that function. I see others with B4 claiming that the start/stop toggle has been removed. But they suggested that you still can remove it via the individual mode. Yet in my car, even in individual mode there is no setting for the start/stop.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Seems the option to disable has been removed from user settings on MY22 cars. Although I have to admit the belt driven Stop/Start function does work exceptionally well. Pretty much seamless on mine And that's from someone who hates all this unnecessary tech on cars.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Can't see why Volvo would remove the icon to turn it off and on - take it to your dealer, feel sure they all have geek's who know that stuff and will explain either way - do agree that the B4 has an excellent start stop system, but still need, and do use, the on-off switch when in slow moving traffic otherwise it just drains the battery system unnecessary when it stops and immediately needs to start again - in this scenario, must be a waste of fuel too?? :(
Valkyre

Post by Valkyre »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:14 am Seems the option to disable has been removed from user settings on MY22 cars. Although I have to admit the belt driven Stop/Start function does work exceptionally well. Pretty much seamless on mine And that's from someone who hates all this unnecessary tech on cars.
It works well but sometimes the moment you stop and then you have to go immediately, the stopping and starting of the engine doesnt feel so seamless as described.

I dont get why they removed the option... I really dont. And it is not MY22 cars because a friend of mine who received his MY22 T3 on april, he has that option in the function menu. It seems that for some reason they disabled that option to B4 and maybe B3? I dont know.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Probably to save the planet or Polar Bears or the same reason they're limiting top speed to 111mph.
As I said mine works very well. Never had the issue you describe and I consider myself a Petrol Head that is very sensitive to what the car is doing. Maybe ask the dealership to check your issue rather than turning the function off.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

...as I've commented before, there is absolutely no set of settings on my car which allow inhibition of stop/start.

That said, as per above, this is the best implementation of such I've had on a car, and frankly I've never found the need (unlike my second, DCT car), to seek to inhibit it.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)