B4 fuel consumption

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
goldy

Post by goldy »

Oooo I bet the truckers love you.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

They must do goldy as they often flash to say hello :lol:
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Resent motorway run - steady 60-mph, B4 FWD - TM average 59.7-mpg.
I’m still blown away by your fuel economy Oldie. We have virtually identical cars, but you’re getting almost 60mpg and I’d be happy if I could get more than 40mpg. My latest trip of 153 miles in a sedate 3 hours on a mixture of motorway and A roads returned 39mpg. My Volvo dealer says I should expect around 37mpg, so by that rule 39mpg is good. However, I will insist they look at this again the next time I take it in. Although that might not be for a few months.

(Sorry about the size of the pic; I don’t know how to make it smaller).

E8E84C7A-AADA-4C7A-9F7D-210ACD8FFDD1.jpeg

MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Deleted User 3629

@KeithR56 - do remember that the 59.7-mpg was the max the TM went up to, the whole trip would i guess average a little lower than that but the TM stayed in the low to mid 50's most of the way - and yours is a AWD, which if you need it you need it, but if you don't, it does affect the MPG, and in my opinion probably more than the official figures state
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

and yours is a AWD,
No Oldie, mine is FWD, like yours.

I could have sworn your earlier post said “average 59.7-mpg”. In another post you made earlier this year, I think you mentioned that you have achieved 62mpg.

Is there any chance you could post a screen shot from the driving journal on your phone app? I’d love to show it to the service dept at my Volvo dealership, along with a screen shot of what I’m achieving.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Deleted User 3629

@KeithR56 - afraid Oldie by age and Oldie by nature - phone app?? don't think a Doro flip phone has one :lol: - have not yet seen 62-mpg on the TM read out - and any mpg I have quoted has always been the TM read-out, which I thought was the average (sorry if its not) but guess is not as precise as the fill-to-fill average - around town the TM generally reads around 28-35 mpg and on the motorway holds around mid 50's and reached 59.7 Sunday - If you do motorway driving going forward, at a steady 60-65 see what the TM is reading, mine would creep towards, and hold, into the mid 50's.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

If you do motorway driving going forward, at a steady 60-65 ....

That's me towing the caravan. Never go that slow without it, unless there's a restriction.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3629

A steady 60-65 in the slow lane on the motorway and using the other lanes for overtaking as intended is in my opinion a relaxed way to drive on the motorway - after all, 70 is the maximum not the optimum speed - those who travel at 80-90 and just stay in the overtaking or middle lane are in my opinion a danger to themselves and others, with I guess many a fatal collision attributed to such driving standards??
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I would put the accidents down to drivers not paying attention, not signalling, driving too close or too aggressively, or just simply believing they're driving better than everyone else.

If I'm going to drive at those speeds I'll take an A road which has better scenery. Each unto their own.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3629

@Felindre - I guess you are right - but in my opinion you missed one out - speeding??