Dash cam question

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I did exactly the same in using the 12v socket, I fitted a Mio
MiVue 798 that was on offer from Halfords one weekend, £80 instead of £180 bit dubious at first because of the make , Mio ? But it turns out to be a which best buy. It’s been running for around 12 months, no problems, just fitted to the left of the binnacle and it clears the sun visor when it’s down. Changing the car next month and it will be easy too take out and refit to a new car.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my

ScottieG

Post by ScottieG »

I have a nextbase (think it’s a 122) very basic camera. I am also using Sandisk SD cards from Amazon. I’ve run this camera in all my vehicles hardwired in with the nextbase kit, without any real issue. On my former RR Velar we had electrical issues with the ABS system which RR told me was caused by the camera as it wasn’t a RR own brand even though it was wired in to the exact same piggy back fuse! Utter tripe!

I’ve just hard wired the very same camera, repurposing the wiring kit to my MY21 Recharge BEV. It has been in for a snag and Volvo said I had the camera too close to the intellisafe camera and that was causing the issue in the car. They changed their tune when I said the fault in the car was there before the camera was put up! They have changed a wheel speed sensor and wiring… pick it up today after a week in the garage so fingers crossed!
Danieljmorris83

Post by Danieljmorris83 »

Hello,
I have a Garmin Dash Cam 47 which I had hoped to connect up the fuse box under the passenger seat like I had in my last car. I have fed the cable around the top of the windscreen and down the side and under no problem but I can’t get it to power on no matter which fuse connector I use. Now getting to the fuse box under the seat wasn’t easy but I’m not sure which socket to plug it into. I only need it on while the car is on, so I don’t need a permanent connector as well. It’s a 2019 XC40 that I have.

IMG_1107.jpeg

percymon

Post by percymon »

Danieljmorris83 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:15 pm Hello,
I have a Garmin Dash Cam 47 which I had hoped to connect up the fuse box under the passenger seat like I had in my last car. I have fed the cable around the top of the windscreen and down the side and under no problem but I can’t get it to power on no matter which fuse connector I use. Now getting to the fuse box under the seat wasn’t easy but I’m not sure which socket to plug it into. I only need it on while the car is on, so I don’t need a permanent connector as well. It’s a 2019 XC40 that I have.
All depends on how you plan to wire it to power - when i had a Nextbase GW422 in previous car the connection kit used a piggyback so it retained the orginal fuse and aseparte one in line for the camera.

Fuse diagrams available here https://fuse-box.info/volvo/volvo-xc40- ... and-relays

Unfortunately the obvious ones like the 12V power sockets seem to be in the engine bay compartment - you are probably safe to piggyback off the heated rear window (rather than the electronic modules circuits)
K9plus1

Post by K9plus1 »

I wired up my 2020 B4 a couple months ago.

posted all the details on this thread.

viewtopic.php?p=38451#p38451

If the 2019 fuse box is similar - you could use the below

VCC+ - Fuse 12 - Suspension module (this was a free slot for me) - Permanent Voltage - if you're not interested in having power ALL the time, then you won't need this one.
ACC - Fuse 83 - Interior lights etc. - Switched Voltage
GND - Fuse box fixing bolt (see below)
volvo xc40 B4 mild hybrid