System failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Joss

Post by Joss »

Anybody else had this problem car went in for a service on Tuesday, when the technician tried to check for updates the whole system crashed. They have had the car for 4 days and can't find out what caused it and are unable to put it right Volvo are now involved but aren't much help apparently. Anybody got any ideas?
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

It happened to me on my 2nd service. The technician came out saying they have to roll back the software and reattempt an update. It took another 45 minutes to an hour to get fixed.
Though yours sounds a lot more serious so might have been caused by something else
Joss

Post by Joss »

Clunky you are right got to have a new ecu glad it's still under warranty 👍
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Ooh, that’s not good news …

Hopefully no other issues once it’s been replaced 👍🏻
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Hope you're getting a courtesy car meanwhile...
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Joss

Post by Joss »

Yes courtesy car loaned until repair completed. I can't praise the garage enough this is the second major problem I have had with the car in the 9 months I have had it and they have been brilliant Cambridge garage Petersfield, very helpful and courteous Not your typical main dealer.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Joss wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:34 am Yes courtesy car loaned until repair completed. I can't praise the garage enough this is the second major problem I have had with the car in the 9 months I have had it and they have been brilliant Cambridge garage Petersfield, very helpful and courteous Not your typical main dealer.
This is, in my opinion, how they should be… yes you’ve had an issue, which you don’t want, but it’s how they deal / treat you that makes all the difference…