Who would've thought ..........

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

John wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:44 am Agree with you goldy - why do drivers think it's ALWAYS ok to just bump their vehicles up onto the pavement - and when you do, mums with prams, folk who use scooters etc. are put in danger by having to go into the road - maybe some on this forum have done it - if so, please don't - pavements are for pedestrians not vehicles
As someone who lives on a narrow village street, if the cars didn't park partially on the pavement, then no vehicles would be able to get along the street at all, including emergency vehicles...

Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

Very true and sympathise with this given situation - but pavements are for pedestrians and not for vehicles, and as such even this situation is no excuse - not really - and thankfully soon it will become mandatory to not park on pavements outside of London too
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

John wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:32 am Very true and sympathise with this given situation - but pavements are for pedestrians and not for vehicles, and as such even this situation is no excuse - not really - and thankfully soon it will become mandatory to not park on pavements outside of London too
Agreed. The sooner the better. Being able to park off road is a huge factor in choosing a suitable property to most folk, surely 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Bob

Post by Bob »

Another quick update.

The last time I spoke to my insurers they said if the 3rd party insurer didn't play ball they would appoint a solicitor. They said it didn't mean that it would definitely go to court, but the solicitor would review the case and if they felt it was winnable they would proceed.

Well, it looks like the threat of legal action has spurred the 3rd party insurer into action. I got a call from from a lady at my insurers about 3 weeks ago saying that the other insurer, who previously wouldn't budge on who was at fault, had offered a 50/50 settlement and did I want to accept this. I explained that there was no way were we accepting any blame and was happy to let it go to court if they were prepared to do so. The lady said they would get the solicitor to draw up papers and that they would be in touch in due course for me to submit my uninsured losses claim, which would have to go to court at the same time as the insurers losses claim.

I received a letter 3 days ago from the solicitor requesting that I complete and submit to them an uninsured losses claim form. So, I'm assuming that they have reviewed the evidence and that it is definitely going to court, unless the other side cave in and settle out of court once they receive the court papers.

This, of course, does not mean we will win if it does go to court, judges can make some odd decisions at times! But we can only hope it goes our way.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Ggr

Post by Ggr »

Bob wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:37 pm There has been some movement. After much longer than the predicted 10 weeks to get the outstanding parts (a wiring loom and steering/drive rack),
Was the delay the steering rack or the loom?
Just been told I need a new loom which is now on order,
6-8 then 8-10 then 8 weeks I’ve been advised. Only had the car 2 weeks so concerned it’s going to be longer
Bob

Post by Bob »

I believe the delay was both items. I suppose it depends which loom, mine was obviously the one for the offside headlight cluster. They may have started catching up by now so you may be luckier.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Ggr

Post by Ggr »

Thanks for the heads up. I also need a new steering rack too, but seems like they dont have any issues sourcing one, seems to be the main loom that is made to the VIN that is taking the time.

Pleased you got yours sorted.

Cheers,
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks, it was a long wait though, I hope yours is quicker!
Ggr

Post by Ggr »

Let's see! they have the headlight loom, just the engine loom to get - Will update the thread when I know anything more for any future me's trawling google
Bob

Post by Bob »

Just to update on what is happening with our accident, there's not much to say, but it is going to court, the solicitor got in touch with us in the New Year to complete our out of pocket expenses claim and the court papers were duly issued.
I had an email a couple of weeks ago asking me to complete and submit a form that puts our statement into a format for the court. He advised at the time we should get a date within 6 months.

I hope it's before my next insurance policies are due for renewal, this years renewals on two insurance policies have cost me £500 more than they should have (my motorcycle was hiked from £250 to £550, and my car £250 to £450) due to this claim pending a court decision. The sad thing is I can't claim these extra payments from the 3rd party as part of the out of pocket expenses, it is up to the respective insurance companies to reimburse me if we win the case. The problem with this is that some insurance companies will, some won't, and some will give you back a pro-rata amount depending on how long into the policy the case is won.
If we win, and I am out of pocket due to hiked policy costs, I'm going to have to see if I can take a small claims action against the 3rd party if I want reimbursing.