NO EXHAUST TIPS SOLUTION - MY2022

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mcs

Post by mcs »

Project exhaust tips done today,
Its about 2 hours work, looks so much better.

20220528_141144.jpg

20220528_124503.jpg

20220528_124454.jpg

20220528_102316.jpg

20220528_095950.jpg

20220528_095904.jpg

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

You have done a nice job there. You can see why Volvo dropped them as those parts look to be quite expensive. You did well to get those front and rear bumpers etc. for the price you did. Hate to think how much they are new via a dealer.

What model are your exhaust outlets off? My R-Design ones don't have the upright in the middle.

20220528_212721.jpg

2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
mcs

Post by mcs »

The double exhaust frame come from alieexpress .
Underneath are the same as yours, they are just sticked on with scotch3m tape.
Not expencive about € 30,=
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Looks like its been expertly done, but does it look better, that I guess will very much be a divided opinion - I like the clean lines without exhausts showing so for me its a no-likey, also - wonder how a dealer will react to any warranty issues or your insurance against any claims :?:
mcs

Post by mcs »

Warranty and insurance can,t be any problem.
Because all the parts are original volvo,
The xc40 until 2021 had these parts .
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Point being the parts are not standard on your model year? If you were rear ended what would you expect the repairer to fit? A MY21 or MY22 rear end?
If the exhaust failed, unlikely I suspect, what do you think a jobs worth dealer might say?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
mcs

Post by mcs »

So I,am not to change my car as i like.
That ,s silly , its just a bumper insert.
Repairs when needed are made on my go.
I own this car , bought it , payd for it no lease or bank credit.
Some cars i owned in the past had much more modifications, its no problem here in holland.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

mcs wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:46 pm So I,am not to change my car as i like.
That ,s silly , its just a bumper insert.
Repairs when needed are made on my go.
I own this car , bought it , payd for it no lease or bank credit.
Some cars i owned in the past had much more modifications, its no problem here in holland.
Ignore the doubters and the oh my god what happens if types (I’m mean what if you don’t put Volvo mats in and the carpet wears)
You’ve done a great job, it’s your car so enjoy it 👍🏻
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

@ Chris John - oh not you again :lol: @mcs - of course its your property and of course its your car do with it as you wish - and should anyone care what you do - NO :roll: , but I guess you still expect your insurance and warranty cover to be unaffected, so just pointing out that in my experience they can both take a dim view of modifications, especially insurance if they are not notified - as for the exposed tail-pipes, and again great neat job, but (and its only an opinion), looked better without the mod ;)
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Mcs, of course you can do anything within reason to your own property (you can't fit massive over bright headlights e.g, even in the Netherlands).

Certainly the UK insurance industry demand you declare all modifications and additions to your vehicle, and if it comes down to having to replace parts that are not standard or declared then I'm sure that in the event of possible back end damage if this modification wasn't declared you would be charged for the extra parts, or the vehicle repaired as per factory. That's all oldie was pointing out, in his usual forthright manner :-) .

Quite possibly your insurance may also require such declaration. Not permission, just understanding the insurance risk they are covering.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21