Sensus Map 1380 now available...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Just a quick update - USB worked fine and map updated no issues…

PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Went to downloaded 1386 yesterday but car was saying the file size was too big. Downloaded onto a virgin 128Gb memory stick but the car isn't seeing the memory stick (USB icon frayed out). I have music on another memory stick which the car instantly recognizes every time. Is it a formatting issue?
1383 downloaded fine online in the car.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

PlymDave wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:39 am Went to downloaded 1386 yesterday but car was saying the file size was too big. Downloaded onto a virgin 128Gb memory stick but the car isn't seeing the memory stick (USB icon frayed out). I have music on another memory stick which the car instantly recognizes every time. Is it a formatting issue?
1383 downloaded fine online in the car.
Worth checking how it’s formatted …

Also, ensure you copy the file across to the USB direct, as it is - so it’s the root folder, don’t rename or modify it in anyway.

Should work okay
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just a note, your supposed to download the file to your PC/Mac then run it. This program downloads and unpacks the files onto the USB. Just did this myself over the weekend.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just a note, your supposed to download the file to your PC/Mac then run it. This program downloads and unpacks the files onto the USB. Just did this myself over the weekend.

Capture.JPG

B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

eugen61 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:35 pm As Ropetko said earlier, many regional maps just became larger than the 2GB limit allowed for OTA updates, from now on only USB updates are available for our region :cry:
Well, regional maps are larger than 2GB for quite some time and if you download regional maps individually you'll see there are several files (each of them smaller than 2GB). There was probably some "packaging error" for the North West Europe pack where some of the files were larger than 2GB thus hard to download.
As I said, the OTA update for 1386 South Eastern Europe went smoothly, as well as the whole Europe update on USB the day after.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

NW Europe/UK 1386. Glad all these since I've had the car were small enough for OTA, because d/l it and futzing around with a USB was a bit of a rigmarole.

We're on Fibre 900. Allowing for the performance hit over wi-fi, the 2GB download still took ages.

Reading here and on https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/do ... est-europe I'd understood you had to d/l to a computer, unpack the zipped file, and copy the resultant EU_UR150_GB-IE-IS file to an empty USB.

Did that. Put the USB in the car. Nothing happened.

Went back in, and copied the .zip and .DBINFO files too, and tried again.

That worked, and I got the "installing" message, although after 20mins I had to leave it to finish next time we used the car.

France is twice the size, so I might try an ethernet connection before we go.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

....I think you'll find that the limiting factor on download speed is largely the Volvo server, not the speed of your connection. (It's slow(ish) even over ethernet).

From your description, I'm not sure whether you've used the intended method or not.

1. Download the file from the map update page to your PC. The file is the download manager.

2. Install a USB stick on the PC to receive the update.

3. Run the downloaded (download manager) file.

4. Select USB as the destination, and choose the USB you've inserted.

5. Let it run until it finishes

6. Safely eject the USB, and Bob's your Auntie's husband.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Sherwood wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:56 pm ....I think you'll find that the limiting factor on download speed is largely the Volvo server, not the speed of your connection. (It's slow(ish) even over ethernet).
I'd guess so. Fibre 900 could exceed a server's capacity. I'd gone for BT Fibre 100 on their Price Promise - upgrade to FTTH from FTTC for no extra charge. Then the day after they offered an upgrade from 100 to 900 for a £1 a month extra. I don't need it but no-one ever complained their connection speed was too fast, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

BT really are keen to get rid of copper lines.
Sherwood wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:56 pm
From your description, I'm not sure whether you've used the intended method or not.

1. Download the file from the map update page to your PC. The file is the download manager.

2. Install a USB stick on the PC to receive the update.

3. Run the downloaded (download manager) file.

4. Select USB as the destination, and choose the USB you've inserted.

5. Let it run until it finishes

6. Safely eject the USB, and Bob's your Auntie's husband.
Essentially what I did, but nothing happened in the car till I copied the original download, *plus* the unzipped file. V strange.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Unfortunately, no matter how fast your connection to your exchange, the Volvo server is unlikely to have more than a 10GB Network card, and unless there's lots of fancy peering going on, the sharing of that server connection to other clients will result in the rate at the client end being much less than the size of the link...