Sensus Map 1380 now available...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

A week late, but still... There's a new Sensus Map (1453) available at https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe for all of you who don't want to waste mobile data :)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I know I'm a bit boring and you probably all noticed this morning that there is a new Sensus map update (version 1456) available. So, if your regional update is too big for the OTA update, hop to https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe and download either the whole Europe or just your region. The whole map takes "just" 57 GB of space :)
Spike56

Post by Spike56 »

Just how many new roads are released over the whole of Europe, that necessitates downloading the whole 50+GB every single time? Can they not just update the new bits? Garmin does...........🥴
Ian prescott

Post by Ian prescott »

I just pick the region (north west Europe) about 2gb. Basically all the UK.
If you have an active SIM card in the boot this will download and install over the air as and when updates are available.
XC40 MY20 B4 R Design, Black Leather, White.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Ian prescott wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:35 am I just pick the region (north west Europe) about 2gb. Basically all the UK.
If you have an active SIM card in the boot this will download and install over the air as and when updates are available.
Also note that the OTA updates like this are incremental UK only so you are not downloading the full 50GB every time
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

As I said many times, I live near many different maps (just this year I've been driving through 3 different maps) and just South Eastern Europe is not available OTA because my Sensus says it's too big for the OTA update.
Since I have fiber optics at home, the whole EU download takes some 20 minutes and the USB update takes some 45 minutes, just like any partial update.