Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@stu22, have you had the car from new?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

stu22

Post by stu22 »

Yes, we purchased brand new in mid-2019 - MY2020.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

So you know its history. Rather concerning to have wiring short then.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Yes, agree. Volvo technical involved so maybe a concern its a wider issue?
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Car came back to us 1 week ago today and had has been fine until this morning - original fault of no heat, no fans, no heated seats and no electric seats has returned.

Getting sick of it now.....
pagesXC40

Post by pagesXC40 »

We've had similar problems on and off since mid november. No control over the heating despite pressing any of the on-screen buttons, Also unable to move front electric seats at the same time. Car has been into the dealer a few times but they are unable to find anything. Also had a flat battery because when the heater system was faulting the heater fan was running 24 hours a day even with car switched off and locked. 2020 model year T4 Inscription Pro. Best long term plan is probably to buy something with no electronics like a Morris Minor!
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I sympathise with both of you, having a problem on a new (or ish) car is annoying, not having the dealer solve it first time even more so. After several attempt at fixing, isn't there a consumer law about rejecting the vehicle?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
stu22

Post by stu22 »

pagesXC40 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:42 pm We've had similar problems on and off since mid november. No control over the heating despite pressing any of the on-screen buttons, Also unable to move front electric seats at the same time. Car has been into the dealer a few times but they are unable to find anything. Also had a flat battery because when the heater system was faulting the heater fan was running 24 hours a day even with car switched off and locked. 2020 model year T4 Inscription Pro. Best long term plan is probably to buy something with no electronics like a Morris Minor!
Exact same issue as ours yet Volvo Technical claim to have never heard of another case! Our is currently back with the dealer for the third time now since just before Christmas
pagesXC40

Post by pagesXC40 »

Car's last time at the dealer in Leeds on 13th Jan, they couldn't find anything but did say they were reporting this to Volvo.
They've apparently checked all the connectors to the climate control module and the module itself but can't find anything amiss. Not sure, but I believe the CCM also controls the electric seats as well. I suspect it's yet another software issue like the wiper failure problem we had just after we got the car 2 years ago. 3 weeks now and no more problems yet. They also re-loaded the software to factory spec at the last visit, but I'm not filled with confidence. With hindsight I wish I'd kept my BMW X3, in 5 years it never ailed a thing!
Ovlovjohn

Post by Ovlovjohn »

I am sorry to hear of your electrical problems. I too experienced issues with the heated seats and wipers. My other issues related to the front suspension, which needed to be replaced after 12k miles, in addition to poor paintwork, creaking seats, premature brake pad replacement, creaking dash etc etc. I too had a BMW X3 and I too wish I had kept it over the Volvo. I eventually had enough of the poor quality of the Volvo and sold it to We buy any car for a handsome profit. I moved to an Audi Q5 some five months ago and it has been faultless, the quality is a different league. In the first 5 months of owning the Volvo I had visited the local Volvo garage 8 times and I was on first name terms with ALL the service department!