Service plan - you’re mad if you don’t have it

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

If its the Volvo plan you can use any dealer. Some dealers do sell their own plans but it is pretty unusual I think. On a side note our twin motor P8 came with 3 years servicing included. Turns out the first service is at 19,000 miles or two years so in fact it only includes one service unless you cover a lot of miles.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

step2534 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:04 pm What I cant understand is why a premium quality car requires a first service after 1 year. My Audi Q3 TFSI was 2 yrs or 19000 miles,
When my Volvo is serviced it will probably have done 4000 miles. I took ownership of it on 17th July 2021, the dealership have been in contact twice to say its due a service. Anyway after numerous calls I think they've got the message I did ask what would be involved and the cost, £262 oil filter change and new carbon filter. Im sorry but I think its ridiculous really.
Just one thing though Ive paid for 3 yrs servicing, can I use another dealership or do I have to use the one I bought the car off, is it a contract thing paying up front.
If it’s a Volvo service plan - rather than a service plan with the dealership, then yes. You can use any Volvo dealership - I double checked this when I bought my plan (was another way of ensuring I was buying a Volvo plan).

There are still manufacturers out there that service annually - Toyota / Lexus spring to mind, I know quite a few that have one of the VW group of cars and they’re on a 12 month rather than long life 2 year service interval - it’s to do with lots of short journeys and low mileage…
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I've got a 5 year service plan which cost me £599 and glad I did given what has been said, though I don't remember getting an invoice for the work on the first 2 services, just a stamp in the book. Must check. Those service costs are ridiculous, my Audi and previous ones are cheap by comparison!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

A mechanic technician explained, that even though oil today is fully synthetic, its viscosity has been reduced so much for emission perfection that its too thin for longevity - Volvo is OW20 - which is very thin, but the thinnest available is Toyota at OW16