Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 494

The2wardz

Post by The2wardz »

Ordered my first Volvo on 19/01/23. An XC40 B4P Ultimate Dark in Fjord blue.
Dealer has told me delivery approx 1st July.
He is a bit vague on the process, so can anyone tell me:-
How long before a production slot are you informed of production date?
How long before delivery is production?
The bottom line is how long should i be waiting before I should expect to get a production slot confirmed?
Thanks, Ian.
Volvo XC40 MY24 B4P Ultimate Dark in Fjord Blue
Ordered: 19th Jan 2023, Delivered 21st June 2023

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I ordered a B4 Ultimate (MY24) end of November, two months later no build slot and was advised BLIS and maybe other options were being removed from spec due to semiconductor shortages. I cancelled my order.
Last edited by JFDIT on Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Cro

Post by Cro »

The2wardz wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:42 pm Ordered my first Volvo on 19/01/23. An XC40 B4P Ultimate Dark in Fjord blue.
The bottom line is how long should i be waiting before I should expect to get a production slot confirmed?
Thanks, Ian.
First, congrats on your new car! 🥳

In our case, dealer already had a slot in the factory so I can only comment our experience from that part going forward.

We ordered our MY23 XC40 B4P AWD Ultimate at the end of August last year with a build slot at the end of September and scheduled delivery by the end of October. A few days after the scheduled delivery date the dealer phoned us that the factory delayed the build to the end of November. Car was then indeed assembled in November and arrived at the dealer on New Year's Eve. The car also has Pixel lights.

Our car was built in Belgium and we are located in Croatia.
Late MY23 XC40 B4P AWD Ultimate Bright Dusk /w Pixel lights.
Ordered 25th August 2022, delivered 11th January 2023
Bekster

Post by Bekster »

i ordered my new xc40 Ultimate (Mild hybrid) in november 22 for delivery April 23. By April 23 I have my XC40 2L Ultimate for 4 years. It was a good experience, despite the fact hat this was my first "small" car in many years. I used to drive Saab95s and higher-end merc E-class, an AMG as the last one, before turning to the XC40. Had a chance to test-drive the dual motor C40, it is a "rocket" like the AMG. However, it is too expensive and i dont think there is sufficient charging points in the UK. So I regretfully ordered another petrol one, 2L regretfully. Hopefully a EV next time when the UK can finally provide sufficient charging points (Like in Scandinavia).
The2wardz

Post by The2wardz »

The2wardz wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:42 pm Ordered my first Volvo on 19/01/23. An XC40 B4P Ultimate Dark in Fjord blue.
Thanks, Ian.
Contacted by the dealer today to be told my build is between 10th and 24th June. That seems a bit vague, I would have thought that once it is in the system, they would have a more accurate build date, but maybe they do, they just don’t want to tell me :-).
I asked about any possible missing tech, he said that earlier orders than mine, have been told that BLIS would be missing, but no info on mine yet. He will keep me posted.
Volvo XC40 MY24 B4P Ultimate Dark in Fjord Blue
Ordered: 19th Jan 2023, Delivered 21st June 2023
RechargeEVplus

Post by RechargeEVplus »

Ordered my Recharge Plus via a work salary sacrifice on the 16th March, I initially had an estimated delivery between Sept - Nov 23. Since then I've had it jump forward to Apr - Jun 23 & now back to Sept - Nov 23.

I'm presuming I'll get a more specific date when the vehicle has a build date?

Thanks
Bekster

Post by Bekster »

i ordered my new xc40 last year november. predicted for delivery in mach. Turns out to become early june. My lease expires early april. Vo;lve "kindly" offer an extension to the lease. However, I have to foor the bill for the hige service bill and MOT (Yearly car inspection) to just drive along for a few more weeks. Npo sing at all that Volve is helping to jump the slot, despite it being tehm th get the delivery date wrong. I realsie that it is diffifult, but tvolvo i am responsible for all the costs incurred for the overrun is a stratch way too far. Anyone else had this problem?
JB XC40

Post by JB XC40 »

Ordered mine March 18th. Dealer initially suggested mid June. As of last week estimated arrival with them was between June 24th and July 8th which is a slip of a week since the order was accepted.
Happy with that. Just hope it’s arrives with no deletions. Salesman said nothing to suggest otherwise at the moment 🤞
Ordered Volvo XC40 B4 Mild Hybrid Ultimate Dark
Silver Dawn 20” 5 Double Spoke Alloys
Delivered July 2023
Taylor354

Post by Taylor354 »

C40 ultimate dual motor ordered Nov 22 via my company lease scheme. Last I heard was that it may be with the dealer at the end of July 23. On the positive side, the lease company is giving me a MY24 car at the same price they quoted for the MY23, but it's been a long wait.
A14_AEX

Post by A14_AEX »

I ordered my XC40 B3 (Mild hybrid) Plus in Onyx Black on 20th March. Was initially told delivery would be the end of July but the salesman has now said it should 1st July 🤞🏻 Let’s wait and see!