Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

JoseDB

Post by JoseDB »

adokar wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:31 pm Hi everyone,

These days Im going to order my new Volvo XC40 B4 AWD (Silver Dawn Metalic) and Im so excited.
It was between this one and Audi Q3. Hope and think I made the right choice.

Hope it´s not more then 90 days before delivery. What do you think?

PS: What is MY23? I never owned a Volvo before.

Thanks!
Cars are built based on Model Years (MY). Generally spec updates are made at the beginning of each MY.
MY23 starts in Sept 2022 and runs to end of Aug 2023. Any vehicle built in that time frame is called MY23.
I don’t know why it’s not aligned with normal years, it’s just how the Automotive industry works!
MY23 XC40 Recharge Ultimate Twin (On Order)
Crystal White
Charcoal Suede/Microtech interior
Tow Bar

adokar

Post by adokar »

Thank you @joseDB
I don’t know how to reply you lol.

What do you think the delivery time would be,
for my XC40 B4 AWD?

Is it possible to follow the order through the app or how is it working, do you know?

Is there anything else I need to know about/ask the seller before I order?

Appreciate it.
JoseDB

Post by JoseDB »

adokar wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:43 pm Thank you @joseDB
I don’t know how to reply you lol.

What do you think the delivery time would be,
for my XC40 B4 AWD?

Is it possible to follow the order through the app or how is it working, do you know?

Is there anything else I need to know about/ask the seller before I order?

Appreciate it.
I ordered online and got a confirmation email with attached PDF that had an estimate on it. I’ve no idea what the lead times are like for “normal” XC40’s but the full EV versions like mine seemed to have remained fairly consistent at 9-10 months since December last year (so they are at least keeping up with demand).

I also can track my order online and via the Volvo app, but I got an account as a result of ordering online.
It appears from the wording that as long as you gave your phone number/email to the dealer and they record it on your order, when you create a My Volvo account online (and/or in the app) it should auto link to your order. If not it says to contact Volvo UK directly for them to fix it.

Only other thing I always advise is DON’T take any of the offered paint protection packages or gap insurance etc from the dealer.
I always get these from 3rd parties for less money and/or a better quality product.
For paint protection, if you care about that kind of thing, it’s worth paying a proper detailer £300-400 to spend 1-2 days getting the paint perfect and then properly apply a ceramic coating to it. The dealer will charge you anywhere from £250-500 to have a spotty teenager wash it with a dirty brush and badly apply some kind of protective coating.
I also insist on seeing the car BEFORE they remove the protective transit film/wrap - you would be amazed how many brand new cars arrive damaged and are then repaired (sometimes badly) without the owner knowing! And DO NOT let them wash it if it’s going to a detailer, you will turn those 1-2 days into 2-3 as they will only add scratches/swirls to the new paint!

For Gap you can get a comprehensive return to invoice policy online for under £200 for this value car. Dealer will probably charge you double that.
MY23 XC40 Recharge Ultimate Twin (On Order)
Crystal White
Charcoal Suede/Microtech interior
Tow Bar
adokar

Post by adokar »

Appreciate it, JoseDB. 🤝
Basilisksnow

Post by Basilisksnow »

Got an email today from CBV with a build date of 9th August for my B4 ultimate that I ordered end of February. Which seemed quite reasonable to me.
adokar

Post by adokar »

Can someone do me a favor please?

Wondering how much the new XC40 B4 AWD cost in your country? Just to compare.

- XC40 B4 AWD (197 hp)
- Silver Dawn Metalic color
- 19’ inches weels
- Packet park asist / camera etc
- Leather interior inside
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

adokar wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:28 pm Can someone do me a favor please?

Wondering how much the new XC40 B4 AWD cost in your country? Just to compare.

- XC40 B4 AWD (197 hp)
- 19’ inches weels
Open https://www.volvocars.com/uk/build on your browser and view again the web address. Now replace the country code uk in the web address with another country code (de, nl, fr, hu, be, es, at, it, se, etc.) and the respective country car configurator will open. Car configurator is identical in every country, you can easily navigate your way through it in foreign language, just repeat the same steps as configuring your car on your home country website.
adokar

Post by adokar »

Thanks a lot, eugen61
Great.

Only thing is that not every country shows their prices.
Anyway I did see in some countries like Italy, Nederlands and Sweden. .

- XC40 B4 AWD (197 hp)
- 19’ inches weels

Could you check the price in your country please?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

adokar wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:42 am
Only thing is that not every country shows their prices.
Many countries are showing prices, so far I found Cyprus (cy), Croatia (hr) and Slovenia (si) that don’t. Select model, version (trim), engine and the price will show in local currency in the upper right corner. Bear in mind that price includes VAT that varies from one country to another, from 17% in lu to 27% in hu. Some markets also have registration tax or insurance included in the price.
adokar

Post by adokar »

I saw it.
Im buying the car in Bosnia/Sarajevo
And Croatia, Slovenia etc are not showing the prices
I did tho see the other prices and I think I made a good deal with the seller, for my new XC40 B4 AWD CORE

Thanks again for your help.