Volvo on call app problem.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
charles_M

Post by charles_M »

When I log into the On Call App, I get a message that the "Car is in use".

"For safety reasons, while the car is in use, communication is disabled and its location hidden"

So all functions are blocked.

Its parked out front, definitely not in use. Also started it up, switched off and locked to see if that would reset something.
also,

This is on both my Android 'phone and an iPad. I've logged out and back in, no change.

It's been working fine till now, ~22 months.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Same issue here. It's done it once before, I guess it's a server issue. Last time, it just righted itself after a few hours.

Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
Moss

Post by Moss »

Clearly a server issue.

My wife (in Belgium while I’m in France at the moment) called me about an hour ago : Car unlocked and Car is in use messages from VOC on her Android smartphone. I asked her to have a look in the garage, which she did : her car was locked and clearly not in use. A VOC server issue, no doubt.
BiddyR

Post by BiddyR »

UK drove the car around 100 miles today, not showing in the app. Also filled the car with fuel whilst out, app still seeing mileage and fuel quantity from yesterday.
T4 R Design Pro FWD
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Problem seems to have gone away this morning, as has an issue I had with No Connection in the Download Centre. Were these two things linked perhaps, who knows?
Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Exactly the same issue here. Absolutely no functionality at all.
- Restarted phone many times.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled app a couple of times.
- Still nothing.
I’ve contacted Cust Care but only had the mandatory email receipt so far.

I hope it’s sorted soon. I use it quite a lot. 🤞
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

There’s a new iOS update for Volvo Cars app, version 5.4.2 with new logo graphics and hopefully bug fixes.
Moss

Post by Moss »

Moss wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:34 pm Clearly a server issue.

My wife (in Belgium while I’m in France at the moment) called me about an hour ago : Car unlocked and Car is in use messages from VOC on her Android smartphone. I asked her to have a look in the garage, which she did : her car was locked and clearly not in use. A VOC server issue, no doubt.
Today, two days later, the VOC problem seems to be solved in Belgium : my wife says she doesn’t have the Car unlocked and Car is in use messages on her smartphone anymore. 
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Another iOS update for Volvo Cars app, version 5.4.3. The bug fixing campaign continues…
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

Stanno wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:49 am Problem seems to have gone away this morning, as has an issue I had with No Connection in the Download Centre. Were these two things linked perhaps, who knows?
Stanno
I would say the two would absolutely be connected. I’ve found that if I drive and the park in an area without reception, then the app just shows the state of the car before the connection was lost (or: in use).

Could have been a server issue, or simply a connectivity issue with your car at that time, but certainly if download centre isn’t connecting, it would stand to reason that the car may not have a connection either…