What irritates you about your Volvo XC 40?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hammo

Post by hammo »

Having to change from comfort to individual mode every time I start the car.

Also worst sat nav I have ever used, Aygo system is better than this Volvo setup.
I always use Waze on pain.
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D

melvinharford

Post by melvinharford »

condensation on outside of windscreen,two small patches on bottom but right in my eyeline for nearside,always have aircon on lowest speed either on low in summer or 18/19 in winter
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

That's what's causing the condensation. The windscreen is chilled and moist air condenses on it. I find leaving the climate control to its own devices at 20 degrees works well summer and winter with occasionally turning the fan up one step from minimum.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
gripross

Post by gripross »

Greggspies wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:13 pm DAB is definitely weaker than my previous BMW. A couple of places where it loses signal which never happened before.

Internet radio is excellent though.
Yes my signal is much poorer than the Audi I had prior to the XC40
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
charles_M

Post by charles_M »

Thought I'd revive this topic.....

I've had the the car exactly 2 years now, so this is my second winter.

Almost everything is fine, except THE HEATING.

Its rubbish, takes ages to warm the cabin, even when set to 25C. Long after after the engine has warmed up, the temperature SLOWLY creeps up.

I've had many cars over the years, this XC40 is at or near the bottom when it comes to heating. Odd, because in a summer heatwave (UK climate) the aircon is great.

Anyone else agree, or is there a fault in the car?

XC40, T4 auto inscription
bba

Post by bba »

On my XC40 the heating is fantastic, but then my model variant is quite different.

And the mains-powered pre-heating is just brilliant. And I just adore the heated steering wheel.
Last edited by bba on Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

bba wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:15 pm On my XC40 the heating is fantastic, but then my model variant is quite different.

And the mains-powered pre-heating is just brilliant. And I just adore the heating steering wheel.
Couldn't agree more, although I live by the Adriatic Sea where winters can also be cold. The auto heating steering wheel option (which I thought I'd never have to use but now can't imagine touching the cold steering wheel ever again) is great and the ability to pre-heat the cabin is priceless. Didn't notice any issues with air conditioning during summer time either and my cabin temperature is always set to 23, winter or summer. I know that's not "23 degrees Celsius" but something like "you'll always feel like it's 23" and fans is set to auto 3. Touched it last time a year ago and that's it :)

But then again, my configuration is D4, not T4.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
hammo

Post by hammo »

We love our UK spec XC40, BUT the heater and the sat nav are very disappointing.
Our 17 year old MX5 heater is far far superior.
Glad we opted for CarPlay and use Waze, and glad we opted for heated seats and steering wheel to compensate. (Wife has to put a coat over her knee’s to keep warm)
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
bba

Post by bba »

Mine is UK spec too, but it is a PHEV. Also I find nothing wrong with the Sensus navigation.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Headlamps, they don't have anywhere near the beam coverage of the one's on the misses VW T-Cross. Same with reversing camera, miserable particularly at night. The Cross is clear and almost like looking in daylight.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21