What irritates you about your Volvo XC 40?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
HU11TTY

Post by HU11TTY »

The stop /start is poorly thought out- trying to edge into a parking space for example.

The anti collision warning is unhelpful and possibly dangerous.

Not being able to open and close the windows /sunroof without turning on the engine is annoying.

The radio switching itself off after a time- especially when sitting in the car , engine off for a time.

The paddle shifters are too easy to catch in error.

There ought to be a way of turning off/ adapting these functions ( semi) permanently .

bba

Post by bba »

I don’t have an issue with any of the above but I do not like the Pilot Assist and it’s insistence that the steering wheel is turned on a straight road rendering it in effect useless.

The BMW G20 3-Series Driver Assist is very much better in its design.

Also that it defaults back to FM from DAB and radio reception is relatively poor.

I like the collision warning but you can indeed alter the sensitivity permanently at least on mine.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Absolutely nothing.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

I would like it if the AC was at the same temp I left it when I got out instead of the air quality being on with everything set at low. but it could just be me not knowing WTF I'm doing :D
Other than that I don't have any of the issues that Hu11tty is referring to,
  • not had an issue with stop/start when parking but the auto brake can be a pain when trying to park closer to something than the parking sensors want you to but then you can just turn that off.
  • Anti Collison I believe can be switched off or at least made less sensitive
  • I can open and close windows without needing to have the engine running as long as ignition is in position 1 or 2 never remember which.
  • I get it with the radio but then it's a drain on the battery so I sort of understand that
  • and I don't have paddle shifters, but can see how that would be a PITA
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Basically, love the car!

Minor irritations:
The cruise control adjustments; my last eight cars have had CC and on all of them it was a short press for +/-1mph and a long press for +/-5mph, the XC40 is the other way around.
The speed limit warning can only be set at 0 or 5mph. 5mph is OK at 70 but not 30mph in my view. It should be a percentage, preferably in 1% increments.

Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

As Stanno says, but also not being able to lock the profile on the orange key. Can't think of anything else so far. Car is 6 weeks old.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Have you got the AC set to Auto ?it should maintain the set temp .
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

My wife uses the Orange key,although it does come up as guest on the profiles it does remember her seat,mirrors and audio settings,
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Could it be that a profile has been locked to the key with a low temperature setting?
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Snow man, the Orange key stores the profile, but it can't be locked against changes like the main key can. If someone changes a setting that change will be changed in the profile when the car is locked. So when it is unlocked again, the car reverts to the last position. Hope that makes sense.