Park Assist Pilot

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Tried it for the first time today. Brilliant! It even compensated for badly parked cars either side, one of which was half on the pavement (sidewalk to you Adamantus!). Has anyone else tried it yet?
Last edited by pjm007 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Tried both parallel park and perpendicular park assist, both work very well, quite impressive actually! Bit of a novelty for me as it will probably get little use but nice to know it's up to the job! Particularly impressed with the parallel park, was inch perfect to the curb and wasn't particularly slow whilst doing it. Have a slight gripe with the pilot assist though but that's for another thread!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
gfh

Post by gfh »

I'm trying to get my head round the difference, if there is one, between Park Assist and Park Assist Pilot. The former seems to be passive, i.e. "you steer and I'll tell you if you are about to hit something", while PAP is the active one, "just press that button and leave the steering to me". But the full PAP only appears to be available as part of the Xenium package, i.e. with a big hole cut in the car for a glass roof ! Really !
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Sorry gfh - I should have made the thread subject clearer and have just updated it - to PAP.

And it does seem that PAP is only configurable with the Xenium pack currently. A steal at £1600 for all that including the very nice hole in the roof.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
gfh

Post by gfh »

Thank you, pjm007, for the clarification. Still can’t help but think it is a strange combination for Volvo to offer as a “value pack”.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

gfh wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:03 am Thank you, pjm007, for the clarification. Still can’t help but think it is a strange combination for Volvo to offer as a “value pack”.

Yes - but its not the same in some other countries, where it can be ordered separately or in a different pack. Maybe VCUK will change that in future also?
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

It's not a bad feature but I find it takes twice as long to park than if I did it myself. Other half loves it though as they hate parking!
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar