First edition with 4c suspension

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

My FE D4 AWD isn’t due to be delivered until September. So I was wondering if it’s still possible or if anyone already has been able to add the 4c suspension option to a FIrst Edition version?
Thanks
1 Year In :D - FE AWD D4 bright silver, 20”, Lava, Apple Car Play. Loving it!

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Don’t think it was ever available officially but a one off custom build discussion might have been possible?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
early adopter

Post by early adopter »

What benefit does the 4c really bring?
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

early adopter wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:31 pm What benefit does the 4c really bring?

"Our Four-C active chassis gives your Volvo an even greater breadth of dynamic ability and comfort. Automatically maintaining handling and comfort in all conditions, it allows you to adapt the chassis to your preferences – Comfort, ECO, Dynamic and Off-road. This technology monitors the car, road and driver 500 times per second. Select any drive mode with a press of a button, and the electronically controlled shock absorbers will support your desired driving characteristics: ”Comfort” for soft shock absorption and smooth body movements, "ECO for maximum fuel efficiency, ”Dynamic” for sportier driving with harder shock absorption, and ”Off-road” for maximum performance on poor roads."
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Zippy99

Post by Zippy99 »

Does it actually do what it says in the description or is it a smoke and mirrors feature. I assume the wallow that was felt in my test drive would be eradicated having the 4c option fitted, or would it? Guess we won’t know until people start taking deliveries of XC40’s with it fitted and can report back their thoughts on its effectiveness.
Gseany

Post by Gseany »

I've had my D4 first edition for a week now and the driver modes definitely work! The Comfort feels a bit 'wallowey' but everything stiffens up on Dynamic. Not really tried off road yet but Eco is very similar to comfort.
Hope it helps. :)
XC40 First Edition, Flame Red, 19" wheels
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Gseany wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:10 am I've had my D4 first edition for a week now and the driver modes definitely work! The Comfort feels a bit 'wallowey' but everything stiffens up on Dynamic. Not really tried off road yet but Eco is very similar to comfort.
Hope it helps. :)
Just to clarify,
does your car have the 4c installed or this observation is without it ?

Thanks
Chris
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Not sure any 4C systems have been delivered yet?
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

So we are saying that with dynamic the walloey effect is not present?
Gseany

Post by Gseany »

Chris s777- the observation is without the 4c (not sure if it's fitted to mine and can't seem to get a sensible answer out of the dealer!), The wallow doesn't seem to be present in dynamic.
XC40 First Edition, Flame Red, 19" wheels