Goodbye Volvo XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
skimm

Post by skimm »

T5 Twin Engine from Feb 20, 30,000 miles , completely fault free.
No unusual wear reported at the last service.
so far so good!
Oh my model was manufactured in Belgium if it makes any difference?
T5 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid, R-Design Pro, Crystal White, Intellisafe Pro, Convenience Pack, Xenium Pack, Winter Plus Pack. Sensus Connect with H&K Sound System, Foldable Tow Bar Feb-20

adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

As i know, Gent Belgium is the only factory where XC40 is and was made.
MY24 23w51 XC40 B3P Plus, minus Blis, in Vapour Grey metallic, Blond Leather interior and Panoramic sunroof, H/K sound system, 19” Rims.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

No quality control issues with either of mine. Both been really good, no complaints. Guess there are a few "Covid" cars about though
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

adrian_xc40 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:08 pm As i know, Gent Belgium is the only factory where XC40 is and was made.
I believe they come from Sweden and China also. During lockdown I think they were all coming from China.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

XC40 is assembled in 4 locations: Belgium (Ghent) and China (Luqiao, Zhejiang) for worldwide sales; Malaysia (Shah Alam) with RHD models for SE Asia sales and India (Hoskote, Bangalore) with RHD models for local sales. All XC40 sold in Europe should come from Belgium, including RHD models for UK, Ireland, Cyprus and Malta. The car’s origin is marked in the VIN (vehicle identification number), the 11th character identifies the assembly plant: 2 = Belgium, L = China, 5 = Malaysia.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:50 pm No quality control issues with either of mine. Both been really good, no complaints. Guess there are a few "Covid" cars about though
Whilst I am looking to change to another brand, your comments do endorse what a great car the XC40 is. I too have had 4 years of trouble free motoring, and am sure there are many with the same experience. Mmmm am I right to go to another brand, particularly as I have found out it is prone to Can bus theft, and insurance prices reflect such, regardless where you live.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Stovo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am Mmmm am I right to go to another brand, particularly as I have found out it is prone to Can bus theft, and insurance prices reflect such, regardless where you live.
Oops, was this left out from the peace of mind sales pitch? :lol:
https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... n-attacks/
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It's a hard one. And getting even harder for those of us who don't want, won't buy BEVs, PHEVs and Self Charging types such as those Toyota produce. Not saying they're not good, but not for me.
Toyota/Lexus are undoubtedly very reliable vehicles but not infallible, neither is their warranty. Neighbours of mine recently replaced their Lexus' with a Kia Sportage and a Sorrento and love them in comparison.
I'll keep going with whoever produces ICE vehicles with traditional transmission the longest! Probably German...
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

eugen61 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:40 am
Stovo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am Mmmm am I right to go to another brand, particularly as I have found out it is prone to Can bus theft, and insurance prices reflect such, regardless where you live.
Oops, was this left out from the peace of mind sales pitch? :lol:
https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... n-attacks/
Yeah I blew that sales pitch, but I can do a good deal on some double glazing if interested 😂😂
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I think he was referring to the sales pitch from you know who?!! :D
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.