Question about real world consumption Plug-in version XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
varavital

Post by varavital »

Hi, my wife has to choose a new company car, and one of the options is the Plug-in version of the XC40.

She has to drive about 50km to the normal workplace, and 50km back, of which about 20km 50 and 70 km/h country roads and 30km highway (speed 125 km/h). There’s absolutely no possibility to recharge at work or in the neighbourhood, so recharging is only possible at home. Once or twice a month, she has to drive about 110km to another workplace and 110km back, of which about 20km 50 and 70 km/h country roads and 90km highway (speed between, 100 and 125km/h) with again no possibility to recharge during the day.

I suppose for the first workplace she can drive about 50% of the distance electric and 50% on petrol, for the workplace further away, it will only be about 25% electric and 75% on petrol.

For those who already drive the Plug-in version, and those who drive similar distances, what is your average petrol consumption? And how much does it cost to recharge the battery at home every day?
The road is more important than the destination.

Makkoka

Post by Makkoka »

Hi,
My daily commute is 70km back and forth of which 30km is city driving between 30-50 km/h and rest is highway 100/120 km/h. I can recharge both at home and at work. So I'm able to drive both ways using Pure mode.

After 5600km my average consumption is 3.5 l/km. That contains several 400 km trips mostly on highways to our cottage. I pay about 10 cents/kWh at home so total cost is about 1 euro. Charging at work is free (at the moment). And Volvo will pay the first year recharging costs :)
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

In this specific case, if there’s no free charging you are paying 3 euro for 100km electric drive. That means approximately an extra 3 l/100km (if we calculate 1L petrol = 1 eur), so you end up with 6.5 l/100km. Obviously, any precise calculation has to be made on local fuel and electricity prices.