Blind spots.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PC40

Post by PC40 »

Donmac, with BLIS you should have absolutely no problems with any blind spots. The mirrors are good and the orange warning is something you very soon get used to as a benefit.
The 360 camera is great for slow speed manoeuvring. BLIS has certainly helped on a few occasions in supermarket car parks where people will insist on walking or driving behind you without warning.

As far as acute angle junctions BLIS won’t help unless the junction is extremely acute. A better way is to lessen the angle like van drivers do so you don’t have to look through the pillars.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018

Donmac

Post by Donmac »

Pc40 Thanks for your comments
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

PC40 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:53 pm Donmac, with BLIS you should have absolutely no problems with any blind spots. The mirrors are good and the orange warning is something you very soon get used to as a benefit.
The 360 camera is great for slow speed manoeuvring. BLIS has certainly helped on a few occasions in supermarket car parks where people will insist on walking or driving behind you without warning.

As far as acute angle junctions BLIS won’t help unless the junction is extremely acute. A better way is to lessen the angle like van drivers do so you don’t have to look through the pillars.
"A better way is to lessen the angle like van drivers do so you don’t have to look through the pillars."
That's a great advise.

I too agree that it's not that terrible. It's worse than it needed to be but I got used to living with it. I am just more careful when joining the traffic. Extra vigilance is necessary especially with fast moving traffic.