Collision warning or autobrake activation etc?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

stu22 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:41 pm Had similar issue a few years back trying to board EuroTunnel, where they want you as close to the car in front as possible - car repeatedly applied the brakes as tying to creep forward. Gave up in the end much to upset of their steward.....
That’s not collision avoidance that’s the auto brake coming on. Just press the button to turn it off
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Not on topic but i have replied to posts but am not able to see a link to allow me to post a question/topic
is it a case of waiting or am i missing something...
many thanks
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

When you go into each part of the forum you should see New Topic and Search This Forum boxes at the top of each.

I don't know if you have to have a minimum number of posts.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Yep got it,,,
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

And again! Travelling at about 30mph and approaching a car parked half on/half off the pavement my car decided to slam on the brakes. The car behind me came very close to hitting me. This is dangerous. Please, Volvo, let me make the decisions when I'm driving.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

It's ironic that these systems have been brought in (without us asking for or wanting them) based on an assumption that they increase safety whereas it could be argued they are more likely to cause accidents. Ok in theory but the technology isn't up to the job with too many false activations. Infact the other day I was surprised when it didn't activate in a situation that was more of a danger (but well under my control) than times when it does. I wont use the Speed Limiter for that reason as travelling on fast roads and picking up lower speed limits from side and service roads is too much of a concern. Doing 70 and picking up a 20! :shock:
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.