Pre-Conditioning & the mystery of the Parking Heater

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Moonlight wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:16 am
Moonlight wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:37 pm Hi

Just got my new 2019 Xc40 and having the same fun with working out what I think is called preconditioning - (sorry if I’m going over old ground...) all I would like to do is warm the car inside on cold mornings prior to driving .. do I need to set timers etc or just activate the remote start from the VOC assuming that will start the car with the last known heating / heated seat temp levels..?

Thanks guys

ML
Hi
Has anyone got any thoughts on the above..? I would like to have a practice run prior to winter..!

Cheers

ML
Preconditioning only works in warm/hot weather, to cool down the car. In winter, you need to use the engine remote start function on the VoC app to warm up the car. Now that it's really started to get cold here, I'm using it. So far I'm happy with it, after 5-10 minutes the car reaches a comfortable enough temperature. I assume that heating operates with the last set heating / heated seat temp levels, but I can't prove it; there's simply no way to see it because when the engine is running, the sensus screen remains off. It is only when I press the start/stop button inside the car that the screen turns on.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

frtsrm wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:52 am
Moonlight wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:16 am
Moonlight wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:37 pm Hi

Just got my new 2019 Xc40 and having the same fun with working out what I think is called preconditioning - (sorry if I’m going over old ground...) all I would like to do is warm the car inside on cold mornings prior to driving .. do I need to set timers etc or just activate the remote start from the VOC assuming that will start the car with the last known heating / heated seat temp levels..?

Thanks guys

ML
Hi
Has anyone got any thoughts on the above..? I would like to have a practice run prior to winter..!

Cheers

ML
Preconditioning only works in warm/hot weather, to cool down the car. In winter, you need to use the engine remote start function on the VoC app to warm up the car. Now that it's really started to get cold here, I'm using it. So far I'm happy with it, after 5-10 minutes the car reaches a comfortable enough temperature. I assume that heating operates with the last set heating / heated seat temp levels, but I can't prove it; there's simply no way to see it because when the engine is running, the sensus screen remains off. It is only when I press the start/stop button inside the car that the screen turns on.
Well, I’ve used remote start a couple of times recently. It’s great. Regarding the seat heat, the setting is chosen in the settings. I used to have on No2 but changed it to High and saved to my profile. I also did this for the temperature of the car. It now remotes starts with 22 degrees. I may change this to 24 degrees and save it to my profile. As you rightly say, it’s difficult to know because the screen is off.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

If you have a recharge hybrid you can use the Parking Climate when the car is on charge. Full scheduling options for this via the VOC app too. Remote Start when not plugged in.
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

blisteringblue wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm If you have a recharge hybrid you can use the Parking Climate when the car is on charge. Full scheduling options for this via the VOC app too. Remote Start when not plugged in.
Oh the lucky ones :) Us peasants will have to make do with remote start :( Just kidding, I'm infinitely grateful to have such a great comfort option!
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

frtsrm wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:05 pm
Oh the lucky ones :) Us peasants will have to make do with remote start :( Just kidding, I'm infinitely grateful to have such a great comfort option!
I feel suitably PHEV shamed now :lol: