VOC Test

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
squint

Post by squint »

Strangely- this has just come up on a Facebook page:

“If you are out of the country where the VOC is registered and you call for road support the operator will tell you “Sorry, I can’t help you....call Volvo from that country”. I wonder if in case of extreme emergency they will answer the same?“
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

Moss

Post by Moss »

squint wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 pm It’s the SOS button not working.

How do I check if imported car? It did come one month earlier than quoted!!!
Sorry, I misunderstood your initial question.

The « SOS button » and the Volvo On Call are two different systems.

The SOS button : https://www.alphr.com/cars/1007648/what ... ually-does

Volvo on Call is just for Volvo, and has little to do with emergency situations.
Moss

Post by Moss »

squint wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 pm Strangely- this has just come up on a Facebook page:

If you are out of the country where the VOC is registered and you call for road support the operator will tell you “Sorry, I can’t help you....call Volvo from that country”. I wonder if in case of extreme emergency they will answer the same?“
That is not so in my experience. Still, Belgium being a small country, it is not totally impossible that our VOC system for cars registered in Belgium works differently than the one in the UK. From where I live in Belgium, driving 50 miles to the South takes you to France, and driving less than 100 miles to the North brings you to The Netherlands. In other words, if our VOC would just work in Belgium, it wouldn’t be very useful. Imagine what it would be for Volvo drivers from Luxembourg…..
squint

Post by squint »

Moss wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 pm
squint wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 pm It’s the SOS button not working.

How do I check if imported car? It did come one month earlier than quoted!!!
You could ask Volvo if the VIN number (Vehicle Identification Number) of your car is for a UK car.
I have just looked up my VIN - it says it is an XC70!!!!!!!!! - I will now ring Volvo head office.

Update - Volvo assure me their VIN check ensures it is an XC40- they are going to email me proof - the website I used to check wasn't a Volvo website - Volvo said I can't access whatever he assessed.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

That is interesting and I hope it’s not suspicious! My dealer has had problems getting VOC to work since I collected the car mid-Feb, and frustratingly delayed by the lock down of course. Like Squint, and to my surprise, the car became available three weeks or so before the expected date. It is now booked in to my dealer on 01 June for TWO days because Volvo say they need to re-install the basic software to what I believe they call the transit setting.
squint

Post by squint »

My main problem is the SOS button - the only time my VOC button hasn't worked is after pressing SOS button.
Dealership now had my car 11 - yes 11 - days and Volvo technical can still not fix fault.
I had a long chat with Volvo customer service today to repeat my concern that if the problem is a network problem that many other Volvo owners may be affected and if they were in an accident that not only would SOS not connect that they might not be able to dial out on their phone - and if that was the case Volvo should make their car owners aware ASAP. I tried to speak to Volvo technical department myself but he said that was not possible.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

squint wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 pm My main problem is the SOS button - the only time my VOC button hasn't worked is after pressing SOS button.
Dealership now had my car 11 - yes 11 - days and Volvo technical can still not fix fault.
I had a long chat with Volvo customer service today to repeat my concern that if the problem is a network problem that many other Volvo owners may be affected and if they were in an accident that not only would SOS not connect that they might not be able to dial out on their phone - and if that was the case Volvo should make their car owners aware ASAP. I tried to speak to Volvo technical department myself but he said that was not possible.
Have they given you a courtesy car while yours is in the garage?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
squint

Post by squint »

DarrenF wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:58 pm
squint wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 pm My main problem is the SOS button - the only time my VOC button hasn't worked is after pressing SOS button.
Have they given you a courtesy car while yours is in the garage?
Yes an XC60 done 1800 miles - BUT this has a BLIS fault and now the button on the steering wheel to change radio, phone etc. only works intermittently!! - I’m sure it must be me!
I was told dealership would only need my car for a few days - loan car has insurance excess of £750.00 so I opted to pay £12.00 a day to reduce it. Yesterday I told them how much this is costing me so dealership have now offered to pay total cost.