Lockdown Fuel Prices

The place to discuss everything else..
DarrenF
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by DarrenF » Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 am

How much is Petrol / Diesel in your local area?

In South London is has dropped to 105.9p (Yes I am going back to pence) at a Shell garage. Can you beat that?

This started on another thread but I thought it would be a little distraction. Gradley found Petrol in in NW England for 99p! can anyone beat that?

With all the panic buying in the supermarkets I went out and filled my car up just before lock down doh! :lol:
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

Bizarro
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 2:02 pm

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by Bizarro » Wed May 20, 2020 12:26 am

99p was at the local Sainsbury's, slightly more at BP.

Salmonfisher
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by Salmonfisher » Wed May 20, 2020 9:34 am

All the supermarkets around me in Essex are below £1

PC40
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 pm
Location: UK

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by PC40 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Costco. 98.7 this morning
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018

Skyrimmer
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:14 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by Skyrimmer » Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 pm

I use Shell V power which is down to £1.25 at my local garage. Normal fuel is £1.09 there but I have seen it as low as 99.9 at other garages.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

squint
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by squint » Wed May 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Skyrimmer wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 pm
I use Shell V power which is down to £1.25 at my local garage. Normal fuel is £1.09 there but I have seen it as low as 99.9 at other garages.
What benefits do you get by using V power?
R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

Skyrimmer
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:14 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by Skyrimmer » Wed May 20, 2020 10:40 pm

squint wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:12 pm
Skyrimmer wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 pm
I use Shell V power which is down to £1.25 at my local garage. Normal fuel is £1.09 there but I have seen it as low as 99.9 at other garages.
What benefits do you get by using V power?
Better fuel economy and performance mainly. Think it provides better engine protection as well.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

WelshRobin
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:55 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by WelshRobin » Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm

I agree with Skyrimmer and another plus point is that Shell offset the carbon released from their premium V-Power by funding an equivalent carbon capture by tree planting. Drive with just a little less guilt about global warming!

squint
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by squint » Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 pm

WelshRobin wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm
I agree with Skyrimmer and another plus point is that Shell offset the carbon released from their premium V-Power by funding an equivalent carbon capture by tree planting. Drive with just a little less guilt about global warming!
Do you know by how much your fuel economy increases?
R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

squint
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Re: Lockdown Fuel Prices

Post by squint » Thu May 21, 2020 9:06 pm

squint wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 pm
WelshRobin wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm
I agree with Skyrimmer and another plus point is that Shell offset the carbon released from their premium V-Power by funding an equivalent carbon capture by tree planting. Drive with just a little less guilt about global warming!
By how much your fuel economy increase?

In what way do you notice a change in performance?
R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

Post Reply