Airbag sticker

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Sps1999

Post by Sps1999 »

Has anyone removed the “Airbag” sticker from the passenger sun visor?
It looks horrible in a charcoal interior but I don’t want to start unless I know it can be done cleanly.

Deleted User 2558

Post by Deleted User 2558 »

I have a charcoal interior in my 6 month old car. I'd never noticed the sticker before I read your post.

As I usually drive looking forward I don't suppose I'll notice it again.

Looks to be an integral part of the material, not just a sticker, so suspect it would be difficult if not impossible to remove cleanly.

Perhaps cover it up with something.

At least that way the cover can be removed for a subsequent resale and may warn/ inform and save the life of a child.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The sticker is bonded to the visor, it can't, as far as I know, be removed.
My last car, an Audi had one (white sticker against a black interior), once seen it couldn't be unseen! ;)
The dealer was very obliging and ordered a new one from a left hand drive car FOC.

Realising I was going to have the same issue with my new XC40, I got the dealer to supply and fit a sun visor from a left hand drive car before I took delivery. I have the original so I can replace it and put it on my next XC40 (if I get another). The Volvo dealer wasn't quite as obliging as the Audi dealer, I had to pay for it, I think it cost about £80 which is peanuts when compared to the overall cost of the car.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Sps1999

Post by Sps1999 »

I will consider a LHD replacement, thanks