Missing speakers?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pspbricker

Post by pspbricker »

Shamless wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:47 pm
michael123 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:57 pm There are 3 levels of sound system in XC40 IMHO - Standard, High-performance and HK
Not true I'm afraid; only two levels. Standard and High Performance are one and the same. Then you have Harman Kardon (HK).
There are three levels, with High performance being a SEK 4000 extra over Standard. The amp is upgraded, and different speakers are used. I read about it on a 3rd party Audio upgrade site, because I was thinking about buying the standard system and upgrading it myself. I'll try and find the link.
Of course, there could be different options in different markets.

Fortune

Post by Fortune »

pspbricker wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:53 pm
michael123 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:57 pm There are 3 levels of sound system in XC40 IMHO - Standard, High-performance and HK
Not true I'm afraid; only two levels. Standard and High Performance are one and the same. Then you have Harman Kardon (HK).
There are three levels, with High performance being a SEK 4000 extra over Standard. The amp is upgraded, and different speakers are used. I read about it on a 3rd party Audio upgrade site, because I was thinking about buying the standard system and upgrading it myself. I'll try and find the link.
Here in the UK there are just two levels of sound system offered.

1) High Performance Audio System, which is the standard offering with its cost included in the base price. It gives 8 speakers.

2) Harman Kardon Premium Sound, which is the uprated system offered by Volvo at extra cost. It has a more powerful amplifier, uprated speakers and more of them.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

I have Harman, my dealer then told me that they sell 'High Performance', which is already 'above the standard' -- like there is 'Standard' configuration, and they upgraded it to High Performance.

I compared both and decided to invest in Harman, although the sound quality difference is not that huge.
Anyway, maybe that's indeed not true and there are just two levels.
pspbricker

Post by pspbricker »

Fortune wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:05 pm
pspbricker wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Here in the UK there are just two levels of sound system offered.

1) High Performance Audio System, which is the standard offering with its cost included in the base price. It gives 8 speakers.

2) Harman Kardon Premium Sound, which is the uprated system offered by Volvo at extra cost. It has a more powerful amplifier, uprated speakers and more of them.
Yes, there are big differences here in Sweden. Momentum pro is called advanced and doesn't include power passenger seat. Doesn't look like theres a d4 available in momentum in the UK either, which is what I ordered here. I tried out all three sound options here, and theres a big difference...so I went with the h&k .
alessana

Post by alessana »

Someone found a way to install rear speakers?
AlbTro

Post by AlbTro »

Hi, mine also have ony 8 speakers, and it’s not in the best quality. Today I removed rear door panel to see if there is a cable for mid-range speaker, but there was only a dissapointing. There is no connector for mid-range speaker. In rear door panel there is only one tweeter.
So I am still looking for options here…

IMG_7131.jpeg